Hi guys. I know this is my second thread of the day, but I would be interested to know your thoughts on which roller coasters really divide opinion. What coasters are like Marmite; some people love them, whereas others hate them? I'll get the ball rolling with a few notable examples I can think of:
- Hades 360 at Mount Olympus - Out of what I've read about Hades 360 over the years, it certainly seems to have a variety of opinions surrounding it. There are some people who absolutely love this ride and rank it among their favourites, and there are others who despise it with a passion and rank it among their least favourite coasters. The fact that out of the 3 reviews this coaster has on Captain Coaster, one is a 5 star review and another is a 0.5 star review says it all, if you ask me.
- The Ultimate at Lightwater Valley - Again, The Ultimate is a coaster that some people seem to absolutely love and rank as one of their favourites in the UK, whereas others seem to hate it and rank it as one of their least favourite coasters. From my perspective, The Ultimate certainly looks... interesting.
- 4D coasters in general - Now, there is a lot of positive praise surrounding 4D coasters as a ride type, but there are some people out there who are not a fan of this ride type at all. Over the years, I have read some rather scathing reviews of the likes of X2, Eejanaika, the ZacSpins and the Free Spins alongside the very positive ones.
- Flying coasters in general - Again, flying coasters are a ride type that some love and some hate; I'd imagine that some of this comes down to the pretzel loops that these models often contain, but I know some who also don't like the restrictiveness of the ride type and the prone riding position. There are some out there who rank Tatsu as their favourite at SFMM, for example, whereas there are others who rank it as their least favourite at SFMM, so I'd definitely call flyers a polarising ride type.
- Beast at Kings Island - The Beast is an icon, but it is also a coaster that I've seen a wide range of opinions about over the years. Some love it, but others aren't huge fans of it.