What's new

Most physically straining coasters

As much as I love Troy, I can't re-ride it more than a handful of times unless it's running amazingly smooth. It just rattles so much, especially the turn after the first drop, that I get a headache. It's worth it though.

^ There is nothing worse than a rattling woodie!

Which reminds me, the two truly most physically straining coasters I have ever ridden... which are gratefully piles of scrap, are Son of Beast and The Villain. Talk about pushing wood to the breaking point.

I love the Smiler, I really do, but I can't re-ride that thing immediately. Give me a chance to figure out which way is up, and I'm good for another couple of rides, but it's not one I can get straight back onto.

Rollercoaster at the Pleasure Beach, when it was running without any restraints, was definitely a once a day thing, too!

It's a decent coaster, but we had ERT on Katun and I couldn't handle more than like, three rides. I know a lot of people felt the same. I was basically experiencing heart palpitations, haha.

I have never attempted marathoning the Voyage, but I can see where people are coming from when they say it's physically taxing.

Jordanovichy said:
Wild Mouse at Blackpool. It's **** terrifying, rough and not at all enjoyable. (I know I'm on my own with that opinion).

Grand National also at Blackpool. Same reasons really, it's too rough and painful to enjoy.

Stampida at Port Aventura. Rough. Painful. Headache inducing.

Trying to think of a steel coaster. I adore it but Montu does spring to mind because it is really forceful in places, but it is still one of my favourite coasters...probably for this reason. It isn't at all painful like the aforementioned wood.

Can't think of any steel pain. I'd imagine the Smiler would come to mind for some but I haven't ridden it since summer 2013...when it wasn't that rough and really enjoyable.

I'd like to add two new coasters to this.

The first Flug der Dämonen at Heide Park, whilst it is a very good coaster it is just too forceful at the back, gave me a headache, plus there is a part towards the end where it seems to slip and jarr which is just **** awful.

The second MP Xpress at Movie Park Germany, worst steel coaster I've ridden, rough, not enjoyable, tedious. Nothing good to say about it at all.

Voyage hands down. I can't handle more than three rides on it. Beast is also a hard one to marathon, as is Afterburn. Sixteen rides on Banshee also left me exhausted.

The Odyssey on the neck, especially over a few rides.

Big Dipper first drop jerks the back if you're not prepared for when the train hits the bottom.

I agree with a lot of mentions here... The big Arrow loopers, Skyrush, Ultimate, Baco, BPB Mouse and Voyage are all really hard work in a good way.

There's plenty of crap coasters that are taxing and ... Not fun, like Bandit, and the worst of the SLCs. I'd even personally add the B&M Flyers to this list because they're so uncomfortable.

Has no one mentioned I305 yet? Cuz yeah that can go in here somewhere.

By far the winner for me is Voyage - which is outstanding, but just... Too long? Could not happily reride it because it is just so taxing. It requires a revaluation of your life when it EVENTUALLY hits the breaks.