What's new

Most painful brake runs?

No mention of Ravine Flyer II?

****, I knew it was going to brake hard and even with bracing everything I got thrown forward violently.

dominoes said:
I find Stealth pretty uncomfortable. The way you are thrown up out of your seat, and then forward is pretty wierd.
Same thing with Ka I'd imagine? Maybe not as quick though due to larger parabolic transition.

Kingda Ka can be pretty awkward with its brake run too. You get a good shot of floater going over the hill and well into the brake run.

Smashed my legs on Primeval Whirl pretty badly once when I rode it. I think Reverchon spinners were sent straight from the devil.

I've had a pretty bad experience on Dragons Fury, we hit the final brakes, as well as slamming on, we span like ****, it was horrible to say the least.

Lisebergsbanan definitely!! They even have a sign that's warning you for the upcoming (horrendous) brake!

Mysterious Sue said:
BROMS!!

2010 Sweden Live on Lisebergbanana
'what the hell does 'broms' mean?'
*smacks head against front of train*
Haha! I lughed out loud when I read that :lol:

Lofty said:
I've had a pretty bad experience on Dragons Fury, we hit the final brakes, as well as slamming on, we span like ****, it was horrible to say the least.

I agree, the final brakes halt you too quickly, I felt like the top half of my body was going to be torn off. The track that locks the spin into place is pretty unpleasant too, doesn't bother me too much though.

Mysterious Sue said:
Need I say more...

brake-run-o.gif

This is not even the most painful brake run in the park, Mammut gets the cake in Gardaland

I read through this rather quick but Alpen's transition to the MCBR is nasty unless in the front couple rows.

I agree with Apollos being rough if another train is just ahead or in an EStop. Other than that it is smooth. I have been on it during and EStop and thought the upper half was going to be disconnected.