What's new

Most painful brake runs?

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Just wondering...

Which coasters do you think have the most painful brake runs, be it a mid-course or a final (or other if applicable)? Technically speaking, the ones with the greatest negative (-) g-forces via linear acceleration?

Of the ones I've personally ridden, I'd have to say Alpengeist. Don't get me wrong; it is a very good coaster but DANG when it comes to its mid-course brake run, I almost wanna say OUCH, lol. I mean the train pretty much whips MERCILESSLY through the transition and basically slams into the run with very little cushioning or "give". I don't think it's too bad though.. actually I think it's kinda cool as it helps to emphasize the sheer power and magnitude of this ride :) Alpengeist = ♥

Anyway, brake runs: most painful?

Nitro and Apollo's, when three trains are running they stop so abruptly on the final brake run. It basically whips you forward if you're not ready, probably the lone disadvantage of B&M clamshell restraints.

In the CoasterForce "Park Guide" for Shockwave at Drayton Manor, they actually warn you in the description of the ride about the forcefullness of the brakes. So Im guessing that they must pack quite a punch.

Oh, and rattlesnake. Boy that thing can really get you if you have a chunky camera or mobile phone in your pocket.

well the last two years Apollo's has been having incredible operations. Surprisingly, B&Ms are pretty finicky with how hard they grab, they usually flat out stop the train if the stacking gets bad (which with good operations is rare).

From time to time, the brakes on Raging Bull tend to hit hard. Nothing painful, but it feels like your retinas might detach.

It might have improved in the last 3 years admittedly, but Fluch von Novgorod's the first one to come into my head - the final brake run on that was merciless...
And the dangly scarecrow thing of WHY didn't help matters any.

Scorpian at busch gardens tampa for me. I sat at the back row and when the final brake run came, good grief. It felt like somebody punched me in the stomach, and I felt a little whiplash as well.

Rita always kills me, but the ones that come to mind more are wild mouse break runs, all of them are just totally brutal and unnecessary </3

Pakal the wild mouse at Mirabilandias final break run were really harsh and you had to brace yourself or you will thrown into the lap bar with such force that it is not pleasant

do you mean the Dinn Corporation? PTC has only manufactured trains for quite some time, not coasters. Wildbeast was designed by Curtis Summers and probably built by Dinn since Summers and Dinn had a big stint with designing and building in the 80's and 90's.

^^http://www.rcdb.com/60.htm Okay one part that RCDB left out is that it was built by Taft Broadcasting, not Curtis. Howver the mural in the station says PTC.

25174694.jpg

Lisebergbanana if you're not ready for it. So strong you'll headbutt the seat in front...