What's new

Most Intense Ride You've Ever Ridden

Casio

Mega Poster
I305 by a long, long way in terms of coasters. Beast at Fantasy Island runs very powerfully on a crazy long cycle, so that comes pretty close.

Hobbes

Mega Poster
Batman and Kumba are the two coasters that come to mind for high intensity, although I'm not sure how they compare to other rides I'll get on as I become more well-traveled.

I don't ride a lot of flats, so I don't have much to add in that area of discussion.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Like people have said, I305 is certainly the one. I actually blacked out for a solid 3 seconds. I didn't love the ride's intensity very much. Kumba is wonderfully intense. I would also say Maverick is up there.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
2 coasters stand out for me - Manta with the Pretzel loop and Stealth's launch - it always takes me by surprise.

As for flat rides - I think Slammer has some pretty intense forces going on.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
I remember greying out on Colossus at Heide Park, Katun at Mirabilandia, Family Adventure at Mirabilandia (Not even sure how!) and Dragon Khan at Port Aventura.

Montu's batwing almost got me too.

I think Sequoia Adventure should get a mention for its intense hang time and also sky loops are pretty scary.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Ones that come to mind are I305 and Skyrush. Voyage is pretty intense also. As far as flat rides are concerned any local Zipper torture trap ride thing is ridiculously intense

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Slammer Ramesis Revenge Time Machine Nemesis Inferno at the back and Stealth at the back

jayjay

Giga Poster
Mine is probably this vile thing <3

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML6rE2MN8b8[/youtube]

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
By far X2 at night. Holy crap was a terrifying, terrifying experience.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Furious Baco.

The speed of that thing is just insane, and it just doesn't let up. IMO, it's stupid having it that fast, there's no need.

And not to forget that it's incredibly **** ing rough.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Formula Rossa, the launch was like no other ride I've experienced, it was stupidly quick and the insane airtime on the first hill was Amazing, very very intense.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Went on one of these KMG Experience/Superspin traveling rides the other day. It was pretty vile, wasn't particularly over the top intense but rather one of those that never ends when you really want it to.

This is it: http://youtu.be/195RRtwU9Gc

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Roller coaster - Maverick, in an awesome way. What a rush. It had my endorphins going in the final brake run. I couldn't quit smiling. Not only a mental high, but a physical one too, similar to how I'd feel after 20 minutes of vigorous exercise. Probably the only roller coaster that ever made me feel that way.

Flat ride - Tango/Equinox, in a mostly negative way. Too much awkward g-force on the legs and neck had me grimacing, a discomfort that sorta killed the overall experience. On the positive side, the motions do flow pretty well and the pov is stunning because of everything it does at 75 feet up. Pretty impressive for a carnival ride.

Dutchess

Roller Poster
Coaster -
Negative intense: Condor at Walibi Holland, I hated every moment of it, it was shaky and uncomfortable and just absolutely terrifying, this was also my first experience with inverted coasters which resulted in me crying like a baby first time I was about to go on Black Mamba at Phantasialand (which - now - just happens to be my 2nd favorite close after Helix). I went with ThomVD who just sat there next to me laughing the whole ride...

Positive intense: Helix at Liseberg and Black Mamba at Phantasialand, just absolutely fantastic rides. Especially Helix in the dark. And Black Mamba with all its foot choppers, both are great rushes for sure.

Flat ride -
Negative intense: Talocan at Phantasialand (or any other topspin) I just don't like the concept of spinning upside down (or any direction really) "uncontrollably", like a few inversions here and there isn't a problem I actually quite enjoy it, but there's a point when it just gets too much for me, and topspins are such points.

Positive intense: It probably seems really lame but I find Jukebox at Liseberg a great intense flat ride, it has some weird G's and spins a fair deal but not too much (see the above comment on Talocan).

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Martyn B said:
Furious Baco.

The speed of that thing is just insane, and it just doesn't let up. IMO, it's stupid having it that fast, there's no need.

And not to forget that it's incredibly **** ing rough.
This. Except that I loved the speed of it the first time I rode it. For few minutes it was my new number one coaster. Then I rode it again in a different seat and suddenly it became the worst coaster I've ever ridden due to the roughness. It's probably the only ride that is simultaneously the best and absolute worst coaster ever.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Voyage. It's not so much the forces as it is just how aggressive and violent it is. I can't even ride it more than three times without needing to go hit Gobbler Getaway or get some free pop. Thunderhead and Maverick produce a similar effect.

I-305, X2, SFMM Goliath, Scorpion, and Top Thrill Dragster are force machines that are all pretty intense as well. But nothing beats Voyage.