What's new

Most intense coaster/element?

dominoes

Mega Poster
The zero-g roll on Shockwave at Drayton Manor. First time I rode it my legs were pushed off the floor, but I think that was because I was small and the ride attendants didn't help me with my seat so I was standing on tip-toes....

Jake

Strata Poster
I think the loops on these bad boys deserve a mention...

aa731c001046rc66c82g3c.jpg

... and this <3 <3

kt51hj20vbk0e780001dmr.jpg

reddude333

Giga Poster
I'm gonna have to say X (haven't been on X[super]2[/super] but probably will this season). Knew it would be intense but didn't nearly expect what it had in store.

As for most intense element...I would say horseshoe rolls on Maverick or cobra roll on Invertigo and GiBs.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
What's the yellow monstrosity Jake? Looks like Pinfari or something?

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Even though I've never ridden it, the pretzel knot that was seen on Moonsault Scramble at Fuji-Q looked ridiculously insane.

(Embedding has been disabled on the POV, but still available to watch on Youtube)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wS-JQvl-4M[/youtube]

Off ride:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ecR2dSbjo[/youtube]

6.2G at the base, apparently :shock:

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
last year I was going to visit a few parks in america , some of them including magic mountain and six flags great adventure. I expected Goliath to be the most intense ride since Ive heard so much about its final helix but OMFG Nitros helix thing before the MCBR was f*cking insane. I blacked out every single time I rode which was 4 times lol. The Batman clones were also pretty insane especially the zero g rioll and final corksrew but that compared nothing to Nitros helix .

jordio90

Roller Poster
I would have to punt with the cobra roll on Montu if you sit on the back row. That thing really does give a whip!

I am he

Roller Poster
Negative g's/Airtime: El toro
Positive G's: Goliath's helix
Surprise: Tatsu's head first vertical loop
Acceleration: Stealth (Stealth actually accelerates faster than Kingda Ka)

reddude333

Giga Poster
It's off topic but something that "I am he" caused me to look up. Hypersonic XLC was just a hair more forceful in terms of acceleration than Stealth. According to RCDB its Stealth 0-80 in 1.9 sec and Hypersonic 0-80 in 1.8 sec. Dodonpa blows both of them out of the water at 0-106.9 in 1.8 seconds!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I am he said:
Yeah, but Ka's launch feels more intense. By a mile.

Ben

CF Legend
The fact that nothing changed between when Stealth was advertised as 2.3seconds and now, it's very difficult to believe that statistic is entirely true.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Hixee said:
I am he said:

See, I actually feel more of a punch on Stealth's launch than Ka's, I found Ka's to be really disappointing. It's intense yes, but because it's a longer launch than Stealth's I felt the impact was lessened, whereas when I launch on Stealth it's gut wrenching every time.

Obviously that's just what I felt about it, clearly doesn't apply to some people.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
nadroJ said:
Hixee said:
I am he said:

See, I actually feel more of a punch on Stealth's launch than Ka's, I found Ka's to be really disappointing. It's intense yes, but because it's a longer launch than Stealth's I felt the impact was lessened, whereas when I launch on Stealth it's gut wrenching every time.

Obviously that's just what I felt about it, clearly doesn't apply to some people.
The really odd thing was, before riding, that's exactly what I was expecting. But when you pull out of the station on Ka, you do that little wiggle and stop on the launch track (we we're the second car, front row - thanks Jerry! :p ) and then sit there looking up at the massive structure, see the other car scream off down the launch track and climb the tower and finally see it speed into the brakes. For me the build up on Ka was so much better than the build up on Stealth, and even if the launch was less intense, my adrenaline was running so much faster that Ka just felt more intense.

Neither of them are as good as TTD though, that's for sure! ;)

reddude333

Giga Poster
Hixee said:
Neither of them are as good as TTD though, that's for sure! ;)

I have heard this of TTD many times and I always wonder why people say it. Me personally, I have only ridden TTD of the three in question and it makes me wonder how worth it it would be to do Ka (although obviously I would want to hit other coasters at SFGAdv)

Mark9

Roller Poster
As long as intensity doesn't necessarilly amount to how much I enjoy the ride.. I'm going with Stealth. It is the only ride that I really find maintains its intensity what feels like ages. Yeah so the top-hat, drop back down and hill aren't anything amazing, the launch is enough.

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Stealth is basically the same ride as Zaturn at Space World, the only slight differences is the length (by 11 inches) and the height (probably due to the placement of the ride), so if Zaturn accelerates to it's top speed, the same as Stealth's, in 2.3 seconds (according to RCDB), then Stealth should also take 2.3 seconds to accelerate to its top speed, unless there is just a bit of extra launch track.

reddude333

Giga Poster
^Yes, except for that currently RCDB claims that Stealth goes 0-80 in 1.8 seconds...and it really doesn't matter how much launch track there is, it matters if the launch has been altered in a way that makes it have a greater acceleration.