What's new

Most Disappointing Ride

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Nic said:
marc said:
Do not go on the one in LA then as that does nothing.
Yeah, especially when I went, it literally did nothing! haha, Sat down, locked the restraints, then it broke down, we had to be manually released and got kicked off the platform. Over an hour queuing for literally nothing. Eugh.

You were lucky! It's bad enough that you didn't want to endure the next 3 minutes!

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
The Mummy at USO is by far one of my favourite rides. IMO, probably one of the best "family" coasters out there.

Most disappointing? Probably the Big One, or Superman at SFMM. The Big One is kinda self explanatory, it was pretty painful for me, and the layout is just meh, well, aside from after the MCBR. And I was expecting loads from Superman, but I was young, and uneducated, now when riding its lost sister at DreamWorld, I had no expectations and actually quite enjoyed it.

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Alpengeist @ Busch Gardens Williamsburg looks pretty awesome from the ground POV - looking up at those huge sprawled-out inversions, especially the cobra roll looking fairly massive while waiting in line for the Loch Ness Monster. Being so large may look cool but this is also its weakness - the trains take some time to travel through them, reducing potential g-forces, as well as experiencing a less intense "throw around" sensation. Looks awesome, but its bite isn't as convincing as its bark. Bigger isn't always better.