What's new

Most Disappointing Ride

Dave

CF Legend
Tony said:
Stampida when it got it's new trains. I thought they would make the ride even better but they made the whole thing extremely rough with no airtime completely ruining the whole ride.

Stampida is awesome, there is airtime on this thing, must of pinned yourself!

RCF

Strata Poster
My biggest disappointment has to be (I dnt have very many) has to be Gemini at CCP. One of the most BORING coasters I've ever ridden.

Emmett

Giga Poster
furie said:
Balder. It was okay, but I really did expect something much more from the ride after the way everyone goes on about it. I suspect it's well out of my top ten now (will have to check) :)

Agreed, its still the biggest disappointement I ever experience on any coaster too.

marc

CF Legend
Hyde244 said:
^ I did enjoy Ghostrider, especially compared to other CCI disasters like Mean Streak.

Ghostrider last year was beyond rough, no matter where we sat we were just thrown about all over the place. You can even see on or photo the people infront of us were in pain. Never in my life have I been on a coaster to cause so much pain and give head aches like that. I really can not see it being there much longer tbh.

It is a shame as the layout is good, its just the roughness that ruins it.

A

Anonymous

Superman Ride of Steel - Yes the six flags new england one. This ride is constantly billed as the best ride in the world, the #1 coaster. The top of the top, and yet i thought it was ok an 8/10. Everyone always raves about the airtime but each time i've been on it, it was OK. The first drop is decent but nothing to write home about. The fact that it still manages to win #1 coaster every year makes me mad, cause i have been on better and my repertoire of coasters pales in comparison to other peoples.

and dont think that i only rode it once, I've been back there 3 - 4 times in the last year to give it another shot, and still think the same thing, good but not in that "great" class.

Error

Strata Poster
Quite a few, even in my 52.

Raging Bull was a big let-down, even sitting in the back row sucked. First drop was good, then the overbank was nice. Then we got to the first hill with enough speed for some kick-ass airtime.

Then, the trim. Made it crawl the rest of the time. Ugh.

Dark Knight I was expected to be crap. But it was more then crap, it was mega crap.

Iron Wolf I thought would be great, being a B&M classic. Turned out to be the worst stand-up yet.

Top Thrill was a big upset. All that waiting for a 20-second ride, might as well ride Magnum 6 times.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Tony said:
Stampida when it got it's new trains. I thought they would make the ride even better but they made the whole thing extremely rough with no airtime completely ruining the whole ride.

My thoughts exactly.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Silver Star, it looks impressive and imposing and biiiiiiig.

But: Yawn, really, just yawn It's rough, too, the shaking you get at the bottom of the first drop is a big suprise and totally different to what other B&M's deliver...

Ollie

CF Legend
^Agreed. We even had to try and make it interesting by playing games. Like annoy the op that pinned Joey on purpose. Balance the sweets on your hand the whole ride. And film a backwards POV without loosing the camera.
Even then it was still crap.

Fi

Mega Poster
Silver Star was a big dissapointment for me. The first drop was decent, but it was really dull after that. I expected much more from b&m.

Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda Ka were also major disappointments. I had really high expectations of Dragster but thought it was ok, but just not worth the wait for such a short ride. When I went on Ka I didn't have particularly high expectations, but found it rough and not as good as dragster.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I'm not really sure. I've had many disappointing rides but I'm unsure which has made a massive impact on me. I remember hyping up Stampida as I haven't been on many woodies, and I wasn't expecting it to be "as" rough as it is with the new trains; I didn't come running back thats for sure.

Rita is another massive disappointment being as it was my first Intamin accelerator, the launch was a decent kick but it felt no different to that of RnR, and RnR's layout is much more superior. Just try comparing them both.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
PMBO - I wasn't even an enthusiast the first time I rode it, and got off feeling less than impressed.

Rita - Wasn't expecting to love it or anything, but thought it would have been better than it was.

Space Mountain: Mission 2 - Was really, really looking forward to it based on what I'd heard, but it was ****. Quite possibly my least favourite "big" coaster, and put a serious dent in my "Vekoma isn't that bad" attitude.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I will have to say Rush. Many people on these forums speak very highly of it, but when I've ridden it, I've found it dull. Perhaps I've been unlucky with the cycles.

I can't think of too many rollercoasters that have been disappointing for me... Potentially Rita, I still enjoyed my first go or two, but i got bored of it sooner than i usually do.

A

Anonymous

GeForce at DM.

Not that I was particularly looking forward to it, just that the queue on the day was an hour yet the ride only lasted 30seconds.

Oh and - first post! Hi everyone! cool)

Jools

Giga Poster
GForce - Drayton Manor, just a novelty

Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain - Magic Kingdom, I guess they are for kids but I really was expecting more from what I heard!

Nemesis - Alton Towers, okay great theming, but I was sitting on the left and apparently it's not as forceful, but oh well.

marc

CF Legend
BTM Disney Land Paris. Everyone went on about how much better it is than Orlando. I just found it so slow and lacked the atmosphere of Orlando.

Mission 2, I had already done Mission 1 and enjoyed it. I am not sure what has happened but I thought the theming was worse and the coaster has just got so rough that it was not enjoyable.

Sheikra, again people kept saying how great it was and it was so much better than Oblivian. I got so worked up before it, but in the final break run I said to Mark that it was rubbish. It ticked no boxes for me at all, it looks so much better when not on the coaster.

This is going to sound strange but EGF. When it ran well it was my number 1 coaster, but when cold after a rain shower it was rubbish. There was no speed no airtime nothing at all, infact at one point I did not think we would get round a corner.