What's new

Most Complicated Restraints

tribar

Mega Poster
I know it's an awkward topic but what coaster (or flat) has the most complicated restraints to deal with. Also post a picture of the restraints if you can find one.

For me Vekoma Flying Dutchmans and TOGO Standups

ljo4ftb2854o05n0012mth.jpg

TOGO Standup
url]

Flying Dutchman

Error

Strata Poster
tribar said:
ljo4ftb2854o05n0012mth.jpg

TOGO Standup

Oh god it hurt so much when I rode it, mostly due to the harness. I have a longer torso so I was crushed both at the shoulders and balls. It wasn't until we started up the lift that I realized how much **** I just got myself into.

These, and the Arrow horseshoes are iffy.

A

Anonymous

I have absolutely no problem with the Togo stand up restraint, it works perfectly...

However the restraints on Eejanaika is just way to complicated:

9df5m000k4iqs2mbt21983.jpg

First you have to adjust the height of the back, then you have to get on the restraint itself and lastly there are THREE seatbelts to get on, no wonder why it take so long to load this sucker... :(

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
All Vekoma's restraints are over complicated, but not in the ways you guys are saying. Their over complication comes from trying to make the thing perfectly fit some alien life forms body shape and hoping it'll work with people. I don't know why they don't look at B&M and go, oh... the mould doesn't need to be this complicated.

D1993

Hyper Poster
thats the thing that confuses me. Theyve got some rides with different restraints so they do manufacture different types of restraints, and some of them are actually ok. Some being like 3 or 4 roller coaster in the world lol.

AltonTowersFan

Mega Poster
Once on a unique flatride at a fairground, there was this ride which was similar to a Top Scan, but standing up and with this virtual reality helmet. It was a
censored.gif
ride, which even had screens all over the place showing you a 5 min step-by-step tutorial on how to get on that :crazy: ride. If I remember right it had a OTSR with a lap bar (which you had to ajust to get snug on your lap). And then you had to put the VR googles...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Dutchmans/S&S 4D's aren't that complicated really....

Perilous Plunge and the 5 point harness they had when they reopened it after the lady fell out. </3

A

Anonymous

tomahawKSU said:
S&S 4D's aren't that complicated really....
Maybe not X2, but Eejanaika got some extra seat-belts (compared of the images of X2 I have seen) which are really strange...

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, X2's are fine <3 I really like them in fact.

The Golden Horse ones were VILE. Apart from the ripoff lap bar, there was a really vulgar car-esque seat belt, a vulgar chain THING that I can't even describe... It doesn't sound bad, but, it's so OTT for what it is. Various of the Chinese restraints were just DISGUSTan.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Vekoma Flying Dutchman, without a doubt. Horrendous load times for a reason.

fishman100

Mega Poster
I personally didn't like the restraints on X2. They weren't complicated but having to adjust the height of the restraint was kind of awkward. That and getting off. Getting off was weird...especially for shorter people when your shoulder is pulled upwards when you pull off the restraint. I didn't really like it :p