What's new

Most Airtime

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
Kebab said:
Ejector - When the air-time feels forced, often took with intense speed. (i.e. El Toro's hills)
I've always thought "ejector" airtime was a sensation of, well, you literally feel like you're going to be ejected right out of your seat, haha, more so if the restraints were taken out of the equation. Basically, negative Gs. Correct me if I'm getting this concept wrong.

From my experiences, I'd say the best moments for this would be both Goliath's @ SFMM and Magnum's 3rd hill.

Kebab said:
Floater - Gentle air-time often found on drops, or large-crested hills. (i.e. Silver Star)
I'd say Griffon's first drop for this.

Kebab said:
Hang-Time - Created by taking inversions slowly, feeling of falling upside-down. (i.e. Shockwave loop)
Not sure about this one. Although, recalling the best from my memory - Mantis' vertical loop, as I recall being afraid that my phone would slip out of my pocket. This "hang-time" did occur, I wasn't able to hold onto my pocket due to the side restraints, but phone did stay in pocket :)

Anyway, surprised no one mentioned either Tower of Terror II or Superman: Escape from Krypton. Never rode them personally, but I've heard and can imagine that pure airtime is experienced for most of the ascent and descent. No?

/my two cents.

El Toro, Voyage, and Phoenix all have badass amounts of airtime, but Wild Mouse at Blackpool surprised the heck out of me. I ended up in a laying down position with the strap at my neck. That thing is wild!

Lofty

CF Legend
Goliath Walibi World. Really took me by surprise. Obviously I know it had severe airtime, but, it still shocked me, the amount and how forceful it actually was. I loved it.

Another that has to be mentioned is Stampida, with the old trains, it was really incredible. I miss them :(

Pingu on drugs

Roller Poster
Brett7710 said:
@dj-fireball999

Haha, Wild mouse does have huge airtime at 2-3 points in the ride, it's the only coaster i've been on that actually seems dangerous when you ride it, but it's great fun.

I agree, it is fun, but god it feels dangerous... some of the corners are just so tight, and with basically not being strapped in, the whole ride seems like a ride to the death xD