What's new

Most Aesthetically Pleasing Coaster

Big Bad Wolf's sweeping drop over the Rhine.
dsc_0707_937.jpg

Expedition Everest
p15024.jpg

Nessie's world famous interlocking loops
p840.jpg

Inverse said:
I don't really like Vekoma track, it's all very spiney and spikey, no elegance.

B&Ms and Intamins make nicer curves and i think they're more pleasing to look at... like a voluptuous lady.

I love the spiney and spikeyness of Vekoma/Arrow track. Makes it look interesting, a mix of angular sections and the cylindrical spine and rails are contrasting, which make it interesting.

B&M track is kinda boring in my opinion, no sense of soul, too simplistic. Intamin track (I know I will get loads of abuse from this because everyone on here hates me and wishes I was dead, just because I like Vekoma) - anyways, Intamin track, to me, looks too messy. BRING ON THE HATE!

dj-fireball999 said:
I love the spiney and spikeyness of Vekoma/Arrow track. Makes it look interesting

The same way the Elephant Man is more interesting than Cheryl Cole?

normal_elephant_man.jpg

Cheryl%20Cole.jpg

I think Manta has risen to the top spot here in a lot of people's eyes. To me, that water splash alone is enough to do it.

^When are we going to stop touching ourselves over Manta? It looks very nice admittedly, but just because it's the best looking of the recent bunch of new coasters (hardly a major challenge) doesn't mean it deserves the keyboard wetting it's getting.

Inverse said:
dj-fireball999 said:
I love the spiney and spikeyness of Vekoma/Arrow track. Makes it look interesting

The same way the Elephant Man is more interesting than Cheryl Cole?

normal_elephant_man.jpg

Cheryl%20Cole.jpg

HAHA! Vekoma track just doesn't look 'solid' to me.

The best analogy would be Vekoma track being Knex, whilst B&M are Coaster Dynamix. I'm not saying Vekoma track looks like Knex coasters, but it just looks too 'gappy' and to me the gaps are what allows for more vibration and a rougher ride. Hard to explain but I know what I mean!

Okay, fine. I'm wrong, as always. My opinions are just wrong. Everything that I say, is wrong. I should just stab myself, unless that's wrong too? :roll:

They never said your opinion was wrong, simply that they disagreed with it.

Not everyone has to gasm over Vekoma track ya know.. ;)

Well it just seems that every time I mention the "V" word, everyone bites my head off for it. It's the same every time. I can't win. Vekoma can't win.

^ Hey man, sorry if it felt like that. To tell truth i've enjoyed every Vekoma i've ever ridden (not that that's lots). I just don't find them asthetically pleasing, which is the subject of the thread. Plus I just spotted an opportunity for a funny and didn't want to miss it.

Silver Bullet, there's jsut so many great angles you can see of the ride, with the path underneath.

Are you kidding? It's got a butt ugly colour scheme which has been dumped in what was once a really nice area I'm sure.

^Have you Been There? It's really nice in person, Manly the floater bank and final helix over the water. It's just my opinion though.

Son of Beast is actually a gorgeous coaster, too bad it's suppose to suck. Either way, huge wooden coasters have always been good looking whether they ride good or not.

Maverix said:
^Have you Been There? It's really nice in person, Manly the floater bank and final helix over the water. It's just my opinion though.

I have... and I thought it looked awful, really barren and bare. Apparently that area used to be really nice but it got torn out for Silver Bullet.

Silver%20Bullet%20(36)l.jpg

Not nice.

I personally find Patriot and Talon quite nice to look at.

Lovely colours.

Patriot02.jpg

p1604.jpg

Can't really fault the looks of a Beemer though.

Patriot I don't agree with. That stripe is HIDEOUS. If it was just red and blue, yes. But the STRIPE. Ugh.

Talon is fit though. Especially at night. And especially when riding it <3

Rush said:
Maverix said:

I have... and I thought it looked awful, really barren and bare. Apparently that area used to be really nice but it got torn out for Silver Bullet.

Not nice.

ehh, well I thought it looked nice the day I was there. Just my opinion though.