What's new

Morgawr The Sea Monster at Crealy Adventure Park

nealbie

CF Legend
This: is a good point well made.

And on that, I'm off to bed, it's quarter to four over here :lol:

Thank-you for the pleasant chat, it was unexpected :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
In an attempt to get this somewhat on topic, I'm guessing it's going to be one of these (picture from rcdb),

p4968.jpg

or possibly one of those powered Zamperla Dragon things.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh, I was expecting a launched B&M mega-lite or something.

CMonster

Giga Poster
UC said:
Just for the record, I find it quite amusing that topics about obscure borderline-regional parks in the U.K. get to two pages faster than topics about the Superbowl.

Well, the Superbowl topic had no mention whatsoever of a credit. This topic, however... :lol:

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Would be interested to see pictures of the re-themed pastil loco, I don't have high hopes really but if they've done it well it could be quite a fun ride. Wouldn't be surprised though if they've just repainted the track!

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Danzibarr said:
Would be interested to see pictures of the re-themed pastil loco, I don't have high hopes really but if they've done it well it could be quite a fun ride. Wouldn't be surprised though if they've just repainted the track!

I am visiting on wednesday so I'll see what I can do :--D

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Sweet, I still go to Crealy every year with my younger cousins - so it's nice to see them investing again!

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Just found these pics of the pastil retheme, looks like they're really doing a proper job on it, that's some wall there!

Blog-2---crane-on-Maximus-site-Dec-2009-015-764701.jpg

Blog-1-Helen,-Simon,-Ian-Rice-Dec-2009-028-764221.jpg

Coaster-Refurb-2009-048-(6)-724456.jpg

Coaster-Refurb-2010-071-710043.jpg

Quote from Angela's blog on the crealy website;
The paint is almost dry, the tunnel is in place

Tunnel :--D

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Wow, I knew there was going to be a tunnel but didn't expect that much re-theme. I have read somewhere that they have spent £1.6 million on new attractions and things for 2010 (I think thats between both parks though)

Also, this topic should just be changed to the Crealy's topic as I found this aswell: http://www.crealy.co.uk/devon/find-out- ... s-new.aspx Along with the new re-theme of the coaster they are getting a watercoaster called vortex.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Looking at this video it seems like the pictures suggested more of a retheme than actually took place, doesn't seem to be anything particularly roman about it! Still a big improvement on what it was though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpPCMYQ-tok[/youtube]

I love how they call it a water coaster, it's a water slide in my books!

Jake

Strata Poster
So, after finally doing ALL the creds in Cornwall/Devon last year I have to go back again?

I thought it was the Devon crealy when ben told me, not the Cornwall one, which is even further away and thus involves more spite.

Well, thats my day ruined.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
El Pastil Loco re-theme: MAXIMUS...

Entrance to the ride
100_3575.jpg

The station has added a couple roman statues
100_3593.jpg

Lift hill with tunnel
100_3597.jpg

Lion!
100_3598.jpg

Nice to see they re-named the train
100_3591.jpg

Showing off the new paint, tunnel, wall and sign
100_3600.jpg

So nothing much has changed, the tunnel was a good bit of fun for the kids, but I doubt they would even notice much else of it has changed.

The lion is pretty cool as there is a stone placed under its bum looking like a poo :)

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Still, it's alright for such a small park. Is the 'MORGAWR' ride this ride, because I couldn't find any mention of it on that website.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Ingested Banjo said:
Still, it's alright for such a small park. Is the 'MORGAWR' ride this ride, because I couldn't find any mention of it on that website.

Nah this is a different ride.

A little confusing I know, but I didn't want to make 2 topics so I kept Crealy's other park in this topic.
This is the re-theme of Crealy in Devon, the El Pastil Loco is now called Maximus.
The coaster Morgawr is for Crealy in Cornwall and as of yet I can't find any pictures of it. The park opens on march 27th so there might be some photo's around that time.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Damn, that actually looks rather decent for a kiddie coaster. I love that tunnel after the lift hill, this is what Alton could have simply got away with instead of all this Psychoaster rubbish :lol: