What's new

Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin Water Coaster

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Mirabilandia |"DiVertical"| Intamin (?) Water Coaster

Will probably generate loads of income for the park. I'd say it's a decent investment, regardless on how it actually rides.

Galahad

Roller Poster

Plain sad really, in Italy they created this massive hype about this ultimate thrill machine, comparing it to the other two (GREAT) coasters present in the park and underlining it would be the largest investment ever made by Mirabilandia and we end up with this... If you thought Merlin were bad... :-/

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

^ Yeah, i actually feel kinda sad for the italian coaster folks now... :(

But then again, Italy has got a new park, a awesome Intamin Blitz Coaster and the first B&M Wing Rider all within the last few years. There's really nothing to be sad about after all...

D1993

Hyper Poster

that testing video is literally funny. this kinda seems like a huge joke.
I honestly didnt think the ride would be that bad, because I never thought it would ever go that dam slow.
I mean, like that is really really slow. The drop seems fun enough, but the rest is just total boring crappy crap. Fingers crossed all the way that it will speed up.

CPcisco

Mega Poster

Martyn B said:
So even without water on the first splash, it hardly makes it over the first hill.

Unless of course, its going to be a faux splash?

This is exactly what I thought of while watching. It is crawling towards the MCBR, and that is simply gravity without a water splash. The only thing you can change there to make it run faster is a harder wheel compound, but even then it will not increase the speed by that much.

Mike T

Mega Poster

Yup thanks for giving me **** guys - told you so.

billybobjoebob

Mega Poster

Ok, that's sad when something that tall hits the splash so slow that it barely even makes a splash. This has to be the dummest ride i've seen in a while. I completely agree with the others that say this is a complete waste of land, time, and money.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

billybobjoebob said:
I completely agree with the others that say this is a complete waste of land, time, and money.

The ultimate purpose of this ride is bringing in money, something it undoubtedly will. From a financial standpoint, it's completely irrelevant how it actually rides.

Everybody, stop calling it a waste. I too am disappointed at the prospect of this being a boring ride, but it certainly isn't worthless. It's built because it's good for business, not to please enthusiasts.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Exactly. There must have been a reason it was chosen (either demand for another water ride, or the park wants to head into "wetter" territory) and as long as that reason was sound, then it's a good investment and not a waste for the park. The ride quality is largely irrelevant, though they have perhaps miss-hit the marketing - though we've still not seen it running at ful whack (though I doubt it'll be much different).

Having said that, I do think this is a very different approach we have in Europe compared to the US. I think that competition in the US tends to force a "better coaster" kind of thing, but you still have hits and misses looking for that unique angle. Here we have a coaster trying to fit a niche and it's a miss. It doesn't mean it's a waste though as long as it still serves its primary purpose.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Yes, but surely the park will be raking in the cash at first, however when people start realising it's a load of poo, then people may not want to go any more than before the ride opened?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

^People don't go to Mirabilandia exclusively for this ride. Even if it's publicly perceived as a bucked of horse dung, it's still just another attraction in a park, which otherwise is a great location for a day out. DiVertical will be the "face of the park" in marketing campaigns, a set of impressive numbers and it plays the role of something new.
Due to its sheer size, it's easily marketable, it fills a niche in the park previously empty, and I can see it being quite popular on hot days. If not, well, the rest of the park is still there.

michaellll

Mega Poster

No matter how this thing rides I think this is how most people will think of it:

Flume ride = "Great fun, I always enjoy those"

Flume ride + Roller Coaster = "Wow, they just combined two things I like! Easily better than just a flume!"

I don't see how there's any question the ride will be a good investment.

Mark9

Roller Poster

Pokemaniac said:
The ultimate purpose of this ride is bringing in money, something it undoubtedly will. From a financial standpoint, it's completely irrelevant how it actually rides.

Everybody, stop calling it a waste. I too am disappointed at the prospect of this being a boring ride, but it certainly isn't worthless. It's built because it's good for business, not to please enthusiasts.

True, but we're on here as enthusiasts so it is a bit of misfire on a ride front, not as business men so I don't really care how much money the park gets out of this. They'll still have Katun so Divertical can be a one ride wonder before the real fun begins..

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Translated by google:

April 29, 2012 is a date to mark in the annals of the history of Wonderland, is the date of the first official tour of Divertical. The first boat was in fact "launched" at a reduced speed for the first full test of the track. Everything succeeded perfectly as planned. The inauguration of Divertical is every day more ...

From the construction blog, so yes, it will speed up.

Gazza

Giga Poster

Is the 2nd bit of the MCBR a tyre launch or something?

Attractivepacamac

Roller Poster

I hope that this speeds up and makes a bigger splash. It's got to be all about the big splash?