What's new

Mini Trip Report: Two Hours at Disneyland

Mountain Madman

Mega Poster
So yesterday I had a few hours of spare time after finishing all of my homework and studying and whatnot, so I grabbed my Annual Pass, car keys, and made a quick 20-minute dash to Disneyland for the evening. There are some benefits to living in Southern California, believe it or not. Of course, there's also the dead-on-the-ground economy, an android Legislature, and fires, but that another topic for another day.

Anyway, so at 7:00 I found myself entering Disneyland Park. I made a beeline to Indy; incredibly, the line was only 25 minutes long!

Indiana Jones Adventure: One of my favourite attractions at Disneyland. The queue line theming is top notch, and I love trying to decode the Maraglyphics on the walls, although you move through it too quick to decode everything. The ride itself, well, it's gone downhill a little, with some effects missing and others barely working, but it's still a helluva ride that deserves some recognition. And it has FIRE! :blob6:

After exiting, it was 7:40 so I grabbed a Dole Whip from the nearby stand (if you don't know what Dole Whips are...you are missing out on something) and headed to Tomorrowland. Star Tours was a walk-on, so I decided what the hell and took it for a spin.

Star Tours: Eh. The image quality is worse than a 10-year-old TV set and the simulator feels much more herky-jerky than I remembered it being. Personally, I'm glad this is due to be refreshed, it really needs it and deserves it!

After my uninspiring ride I headed out. It was 8:00. Space Mountain had a 40-minute wait, so I decided to round out the night on one of my favorite roller coasters.

Space Mountain: This ride is highly, highly underrated, IMO. It's not the tallest, fastest, loopiest, longest, but it's just simple fun. It takes you back to the days before the gimmicks, where roller coasters were just containers on wheels gliding down slopes. Add a kicka$$ soundtrack and some disco balls, well, you've got yourself one of my personal Top 10 coasters. :wink:

And that rounded out my day. I debated on whether to take a spin on the Submarine Voyage, but I decided it just wasn't worth it. I took the railroad to Main Street and left.

Pretty fun two hours at the Happiest Place on Earth. I don't really know why I posted this, other than to write my very first TR and see how it comes out.

On a related note, comments/constructive criticism welcome! :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
So weird that a destination I've alllllwayyss wanted to visit and that would take so much effort and be so breathtaking to me is as 'meh, I'll pop in for a couple of hours' for you as Thorpe or Alton is for us Brits. I'm jealous =]

Gazza

Giga Poster
Mountain Madman said:
Anyway, so at 7:00 I found myself entering Disneyland Park. I made a beeline to Indy; incredibly, the line was only 25 minutes long!
Does the Single Rider queue on Indy only operate periodically?
On Friday and as soon as I headed into the ride CM asked if I was alone, and then gave one of the single rider slips and I got straight on.