What's new

Manta- B&M Flyer for SWO opening May 22

There definitely wont be any Manta rays swimming in the aquariums, but there will definitely be an abundance of rays in general. Guests WILL be interacting with the wildlife in some way / shape / or form.

Terrific update. One day i'll have the money to go to Florida and Manta is high on my list of must rides.

It looks really nice, apart from that first support off the lift that's like an A frame without the cross-bar. Looks so out of place and ugly. It makes the whole drop look ugly.

Cant see any particular reason on not putting mantas under the ride.. If im correct didnt they have crocs underneath Montu? Hmmmm

Great update! (Nice photo's)
I love the colour scheme and its just one more great looking ride for Florida!

It looks really nice, apart from that first support off the lift that's like an A frame without the cross-bar. Looks so out of place and ugly. It makes the whole drop look ugly.

I don't care as long as it stops the ride collapsing! But I do know what you mean, not sure if many other B&Ms have that.

jokerman said:

I don't care as long as it stops the ride collapsing! But I do know what you mean, not sure if many other B&Ms have that.

I think it's there due to the fact the drop goes over the midway, am I right?

Random fact about the ride:

SeaWorld Orlando will be the only park in the world containing a B&M Flyer but no Inverted coasters.

Magic Mountain has Tatsu - And Batman
Great Adventure has Superman - And Batman
Great America has Superman - And Batman
Over Georgia has Superman - And Batman
Alton Towers has Air - And Nemesis
Happy Valley has Crystal Wings - And Golden Wings in Snowfield

My bet for SWO then - Inverted coaster in 2011/2012.

They have just installed the Pretzel loop right after the drop.

I think it will be a good few years before any more rides are installed, simply due to the take over.

Pretzel loop? Awesome! I didn't think that this would have a pretzel loop, I mean when was the last time a manta ray done a forward flip :lol:

Im glad it has one though as I heard they are brilliant inversions.

Well its like the one on Tatsu its going to be very intense thats why I am shocked its right after the drop.

^This is starting to smell a bit like Superman: UF.
Twisted first drop then pretzel loop. What's next, a turn leading to another couple of turns and a final inline twist?

Haha, if this is S:UF with a bit more height and maybe another turn, I will LOL.

Though, I think it has three inversions :p.

So, S:UF with another turn and another inline.

That would make Ben LOL. A lot.

We can put those SUF rumors to rest now. SPOILER ALERT!...johnnyupsidedown...SPOILER ALERT!

Yeah, so it's SUF with less turns and an extra twist.

WOW.

Would like to say I always knew it'd suck.

sw292a.jpg

Well, here's the layout. And it says that there will be a wing dip, and an aquarium of which the queue is situated.