What's new

Man Up! And ride Thirteen first!

A

Anonymous

Neal said:
LOL at lack of Th13teen, will amuse if the preview weekenders got on it first :p

Being as the competition is for being the FIRST TO RIDE. I highly doubt that they will get on it before the winners...

A

Anonymous

Neal said:
LOL at lack of Th13teen, will amuse if the preview weekenders got on it first :p

Being as the competition is for being the FIRST TO RIDE. I highly doubt that they will get on it before the winners...

Ollie

CF Legend
^LOL.
So to prove yourself 'worthy' to ride a family coaster you have to...

-Pass an orange to each other
-Ride Air for an hour
-Shoot a bow and arrow
-Orienteering around the park
-Set up a tent with one person blindfolded

Then to find out if they're riding a over-hyped coaster or not. :p

All sounds a bit easy and pointless for something they could of ridden a few days later anyway.

A

Anonymous

To be honest, it sounds pathetic saying man up and ride a family ride. I cant believe only one CF member got on. The tasks seem easy, dosent make me shake in my shoes. Thirteen is as scary as Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, pathetic. And what does build a tent with someone blindfolded have to do with riding a coaster, Alton has seriuosly got themselves done.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Just because a task sounds easy, doesn't make them easy...

Apparently the tent building involved the person reading the instructions several feet away and unable to help the blindfolded person...

They also had to sleep in the forest for a night whilst being 'attacked' by the wraiths...

Seriously, we weren't there, so you can't exactly call it easy... Someone threw up on Air I think, and I couldn't do the archery bollocks...

And Ollie, you know ALLLLLLL about over-hyped coasters don't you... :roll:

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yes but at least Saw is good. A lot of people are pissed off about Th13teen and how Alton Hyped it up. Most people that come off Saw really enjoyed it. The only people that complain are a few enthusiasts saying the themeing is too flat when it's meant to look like a real warehouse. And real warehouses don't have all these bits and bobs sticking out of it
Anyway this topic is about 13 not Saw.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^You mentioned it first...

You neglect to mention the roughness of Saw and that it was also an over-hyped family coaster (as ALL the other Eurofighters have the same height limit as Thirteen), because it has an 'adult' theme...

And real warehouses have obvious depth to the building, Saw's is so obviously flat it's just silly...

I have no qualms with Thirteen as a ride, because I didn't expect it to be anything more than a family coaster, it's Towers marketing that deserves the full brunt of the disappointment that many are experiencing (after also on their first ride it breaking down and not giving the proper drop)...

So basically, it's the two park's marketing departments that I think should have their heads bashed together and sorted out...