What's new

Man rescued from inside Oblivion's tunnel

T0M

Hyper Poster
Eyewitness accounts do suggest he wadered through the pond at the other end and that staff were scrambing for a key to the gate/fence. There is no such gate/fence at the end photographed.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I dont know what the tunnel is like inside, but I cant imagine its big enough for someone to walk through whilst the ride is in operation, and survive.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I think if you were careful you' be able to walk though the tunnel while a train goes past. The safety envelope alone would give enough clearance, but it wouldn't be very pleasant I wouldn't imagine.

I have a feeling he probably didn't even come across a train that was moving, if he did then they a very shoddy communication system.

T0M

Hyper Poster
The ride was allegedly still active before he entered the undreground section, but not during his time down there.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, I really would have expected them to have some sort of emergency frequency/protocol that any employee can use if something like this happens (or they think somethink like this is going to happen).

Martyn B

CF Legend
How did he get all the way upto that platform though? Is there a ladder built in the wall? Remember that tunnel is like 100ft deep.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'm pretty sure that there are access ladders in the tunnel.

T0M

Hyper Poster
Yeah it's fully accesible from start to finish, with the exception of exit through the end where he was photographed due to fences. I noticed the access last year, as being an inspector, my mind was wondering how the track was inspected during the closed season.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Yeah I seem to recall construction pictures showing ladders sort of concreted into the side so I'd imagine they're there.

There'll have been room for him to go either by the side of the train or even crawl underneath it, but why would you want to? Tell you what though, imagine being in the ride and flying past someone in the tunnel.

Martyn B

CF Legend
file.php

Either the story of the ride operating was bull ****, or he timed his climb up that ladder to perfection!

Josh73

Giga Poster
Does anybody have ANY commonsense these days? :roll: What was he thinking though?! I mean seriously? What a dumb person.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
We used to get at least one guest per year hop the fences around Raging Bull and far more at Superman.

People are idiots, and all they can think of is that they want their stuff back, whether a hat, cell phone or whatever.

In virtually every case, the person is arrested for trespassing and banned for life. That's enforced, but not perfect, obviously. The name is flagged in the computers, and as long as they pay cash and stay out of trouble, they usually get away with coming back unless someone in security involved in the previous transgression sees and remembers them. That does happen, too.