What's new

LWV 2010 Rides

Merged :)

I think it's good news for LWv... It's good that they're still plugging away at stuff and installing. It may not be to everyone's taste or opinion, but anything is better than nothing :)

It will be gone next season anyway, so even if it was something interesting I'd moan.

:p

Lightwater Valley really need to get their act together.

116nubm.jpg

Discover what lurks deep underground...

Lol, that is made of pure mature cheddar.

But I suppose its pretty good for such a small park like Lightwatrer.

Here's a video of the walk down the tunnels and the ride itself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83MUOmqtluc

Please note, the final and most impressive animatronic raptor didn't light up at the end unfortunately, so there is one more down there for those that may be thinking it could do with another!

In a nutshell, it's fantastic. The atmosphere is very sinister and the raptors themselves look and move incredibly realistic! :)

Does seem to be an improvement but still an odd theme. I like the redesigned station and video etc though.
Does it still only have two cars with one going round at a time? That caused long queues when it was the Rat.

hasn't been pitch black for years, but think the way a ghost train lights up, and you're halfway there, albeit with decent animatronics. Decent tip if riding it more than once, is to watch the shadows cast by the anamatronics - almost better than the animatronics themselves.

For a 20+ year old ride, frankly LWV have made a better fist of it than th13teen's haphazard theming, and it cost a boatload less to do...that said, you can really tell they used an outside company to do the theming; the polish is just a step above the park's own abilities.