Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rolls

• Other

• Total voters

peep

CF Legend
I was munching on my rolls today at work and I had the random thought, "what do peeps prefer, sandwiches or rolls/buns?"

I always have rolls just because they fit better in my bag but I love sandwiches made from white bread. I can find rolls a bit too meh sometimes and thin slices of bread either side of a nice bit of ham or chicken with some salad does the trick a lot better.

peep said:
what do peeps prefer, sandwiches or rolls/buns?"

peep said:
thin slices of bread either side of a nice bit of ham or chicken with some salad does the trick

Answered your own question there, John :p

I prefer sandwiches, mainly 'cause we always have bread in, but a good roll doesn't go a miss now and again :)

Gotta be sandwiches because me and rolls don't get on. I always end up breaking them in diiferent unsual ways. Plus you can put much better things into sandwiches than into rolls.....

I prefer to have pasta salad for lunch, but now and for a while I've been constricted to sandwiches cut into lots of small squares.
I find, no matter what the filling sandwiches get boring, I can't have salad for lunch, it doesn't seem like a meal, I've got to have some kind of starch.

I always want to eat something warm and sort of a "proper" meal for lunch, then again I might not eat an equally big or warm meal for dinner (also considering I'm a student and don't want/"have time" to cook twice in the day, lol), so it's sort of the other way around, as over there I guess? Personally I just think it's sort of weird to eat only a sandwich for lunch, but that's just a cultural thing I'm sure, if I go abroad on holiday (say Central Europe, UK etc) it easily goes the way that dinner is the only proper warm meal of the day and you eat lighter through out the day till dinner.

My lunch habits depend entirely on whether or not I've got kids in lunch-time detention.

I never prepare my lunch in the morning, so I buy something at lunch time. If I've got kids in, then it leaves me with less time, so I'll grab some baguette-based sustenance from the canteen.

If I haven't got kids in to shout at, then I'll pop out to the supermarket, where I'll partake in some kind of "meal deal" or go the bakery that does amazing sandwiches.

I LOVE anything bread based, hence why Subway as a fast-food chain is a very bad thing for me XD Choice between a sandwich and a roll I'd choose a sandwich, doorstep, preferably wholemeal and hopefully with some sort of oats or something in. Yummmm...

I'm also quite fond of pastry type things, so sausage rolls, steak slice, cornish pasty. Mmmmm.

I love breakfast and lunch, all because they both mainly consist of bready type things. When it comes to dinner I'm a little bit confused at the lack of bread and often find myself making things into a sandwich of some sort haha.

I can't chew bread in its normal form without wanting to puke. So those options are out. But toasted however at about setting 4 then 1, with a cup of tea is a win for some reason at Lunch. But then I barely ever have lunch as its only an hour or 2 beyond breakfast...

nadroJ said:
When it comes to dinner I'm a little bit confused at the lack of bread and often find myself making things into a sandwich of some sort haha.

Hahaha! That's amazing.

What category does a crusty french stick type sandwich fall under? Those are the best kind.

The most amazing sandwich shop in Newcastle under Lyme (which is actually a butcher, but does sandwiches and curries and stuff) sells these bad-boys, they're so immense:

http://twitpic.com/30r2hi

That one is pork and stuffing, but I usually get a beef and onion. Carved in front of you, and with extra "meat juice" if you want.

I'll go with either, I have sandwiches more often than rolls though. Don't really care, they're both good.

Sandwiches when I can be bothered to make them but if they're ready made, They're just amazing. Although sometimes I do go for whatever I feel like.

Martyn said:
What category does a crusty french stick type sandwich fall under? Those are the best kind.

With your explanation, a sandwich.

With my Knowledge, it's a Baguette so it goes under other. :wink:

Sandwiches for me. But I can never be bothered to make them in a morning. Plus after having them every day at school, I tend to get bored of the fillings.

Since having a car though I tend to eat out at fast food places much more often.

I always buy at the cafeteria, lovingly referred to as "The Caf." They serve great pizza, so unless it's nachos day or tacos day that's what I'll have.