What's new

Loudest Coasters?

Snowman

Roller Poster
Hershey Park is the park I grew up visiting, and I always think of Great Bear's deafening roar when I think of loud coasters. They have restaurants and walkways set up right along the vertical loop and Immelman, and I think in those particular spots, you're hearing the loudest sound a roller coaster makes. I've not been to SFMM yet, so I can't compare with Superman: EFK, but Great Bear is just ridiculously loud.

And of course, Top Thrill Dragster likes producing noise. I always like the sound produced by the launch mechanism - a low pitch noise that slowly gets deeper and deeper, followed by the screams and the train shooting up the tower, which can also be pretty loud.

hattmac02

Roller Poster
havent been to many parks outside of florida, but theres no greater joy than waiting for the lights to start flashing to hear the hulk

Intricks

Strata Poster
bmac said:
Wanna hear what a machine gun sounds like? Ride Alpengeist.

At what point does Alpengeist sound like a machine gun. The lift hill? Loch Ness' trims before the loop startled me with how loud they were.

bmac

Giga Poster
Alpengeist's lift hill is absolutely deafening at times, and yes Nessie's trims are a little bonkers. Her brakes in the station are excellent though, I love their clapping as a train comes in.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
S:EFK sounds like a Boeing 747 taking off...even from outside the park.

Honorable mentions to Kumba, Mantis, and Firehawk's lift.

therick311

Mega Poster
Lightning Run's lift hill is pretty damn loud.

Banshee itself is not super loud, but the scream they play when a train is at the top of the lift is.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
The loudest I've heard are the Mr. Freezes at SFOT and SFStl. I can hear the one at SFOT when we are swimming in the outside hotel pool across the street from the park..... Also Intamin Impulses are pretty loud when they launch, with that "scream" noise they make when they take off.