What's new

Loudest coasters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jer

Strata Poster
I remember Chiller being deafeningly loud, hearing it launch from halfway across the park was pretty cool.

Great Bear was also loud as hell, walking around that section of the park I dreaded whenever a train would come by because of the sound.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
^ Speaking of Hersheypark, Sidewinder has got an insanely loud pneumatic hiss when the train drops off the second tower, and the station brakes are pretty loud. Even the catch car clanks. It's awful waiting for it and Storm Runner because of it.

Jer

Strata Poster
^ Yes I remember that, awful sound. I also walked right under Storm Runner as it was about to launch, when the brake fins lowered it was the loudest hiss i've ever heard.

dropthefloor93

Hyper Poster
Boulderdash. I can hear it from the parkinglot. It is DEAFEANING to stand near. it has gotten dramatically quieter since it has been repaired.

The Chiller was also a VERY loud ride. the LIM sequence was deafaning.

Steamin Deamon's chain was BRUTAL on the ears.

but im going to have to go with Canyon Blaster. you can hear it in several places in the Circus Circus Hotel. its unreasonably loud and it shakes the Adventuredome.

Rush

Giga Poster
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Indiana Jones at Disneyland Paris. It has a really loud, awesome roar, suck on that Nemesis. Shame the ride's complete tripe though!

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Don't know if anyone has mentioned Kumba but I remember that being really loud especially being right underneath it almost made me deaf. :lol:

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
As already mentioned numerous times in this thread - Superman The Escape. From what I recall, its sound wasn't just notably louder than any coaster I've ever heard, it was rather shrill and unnerving. HOWEVER, I wonder if this has actually changed due to its renovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.