What's new

Longest walkway to a station you have experienced?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure if the Zandra queue is longer than Zumanjaro's, but it's close. An honorable mention needs to go to American Eagle at Six Flags Great America and for me the worse was always that long uphill trek to Mountain Sidewinder's station. The ride down was great, but I only ever rode the damn thing once every visit to Dollywood because of the hike it takes to get there.

Matt N

CF Legend
I seem to remember Dragon Challenge’s queue at IOA being incredibly long (and Hagrid’s is now presumably the same); it was very well themed, but seemed very, very long and very, very dark, especially considering the coaster was practically walk on when I rode it!

Looking at the sheer number of old extensions you can see, I think Nemesis is also a very good shout; even with the old extensions they’ve opened this year, there are still huge swathes of queue out of use!

sarahsmile

Roller Poster
i always hated the superman line at SFGA when i was a kid because it felt so long. and obviously the queue for hagrid’s is wild. not a roller, but the line for flight of passage has to be the longest walking queue ever.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Shout out to both Dark Forest coasters. Ever walked those full queues when they're empty with no shortcuts open? Horrendous!

Last edited:

EmmaUK

Mega Poster
Actually if there is an SBNO coaster in a park, and I don’t get to ride it, I do feel like I haven’t done them all ? Maybe it’s just me ??‍♂️

The comment wasn’t aimed as a dig at anybody, although I can see how it can be read in a way that makes it look self important. It was more an expression of frustration at being able to see that section of the queue, and not having been able to walk down it in 18 years, or know of anybody who has... Nobody seems to know for sure if it still exists in it’s entirety or not, and it was such a great bit of the queue, with amazing photo opportunities.

Edit: For anybody who wants hasn’t seen it before and wants to see just how long Nemesis’ queue was, I found this on Photobucket / Google, it’s a pretty accurate image. The blue is the old line, no longer in use, the Purple is the current full queue line.

View attachment 10008

My first thought on this was Nemesis- when I went last time the 15 minute queue was largely just the walk to get there!

I dont know if the queue on the right was cut by Air, but presumably they wouldn't be able to use it anymore anyway as it would mean that the queue was too long after the Fast Track merge point.

Space Mountain deserves a special mention - not only for the queue there but the massive distance back afterwards

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
My first thought on this was Nemesis- when I went last time the 15 minute queue was largely just the walk to get there!

I dont know if the queue on the right was cut by Air, but presumably they wouldn't be able to use it anymore anyway as it would mean that the queue was too long after the Fast Track merge point.

Space Mountain deserves a special mention - not only for the queue there but the massive distance back afterwards
That (FT) is a very good point. I haven't used it since Air was built, trying to judge it from overheads today, it looks like it is possible it could coexist with Air's lift, and would offer spectacular view of it, but who knows?

Have you noticed in that image the queue line uses the area where sub terra's queue is now. And where Sub Terra stands was once the home of the 'Beastie' as seen in that image. Back before taking cameras on rides was frowned upon, and before the area was covered in trees, I got some great shots of Nemesis from on the beastie using a disposable camera.

EmmaUK

Mega Poster
That (FT) is a very good point. I haven't used it since Air was built, trying to judge it from overheads today, it looks like it is possible it could coexist with Air's lift, and would offer spectacular view of it, but who knows?

Have you noticed in that image the queue line uses the area where sub terra's queue is now. And where Sub Terra stands was once the home of the 'Beastie' as seen in that image. Back before taking cameras on rides was frowned upon, and before the area was covered in trees, I got some great shots of Nemesis from on the beastie using a disposable camera.

If it still exists - even if not open - I agree it would provide some amazing views - I wonder if AT has ever wondered about using it as part of a "backstage tour"? I know that I would certainly like a look!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Helix's queue goes all over the place with little to no shortcuts available. Not sure why didn't build a gate linking the first and third set of switchbacks since it would've cut down on walking significantly during quiet days.

Taron & F.L.Y's queues seem like a trek and a half since they seem to wind all over their respective areas.
There is a shortcut in Helix's queue which cuts the queue significantly, but we were only allowed to use it on one visit, despite the park being dead on all 3 visits. It basically takes you around the outside of the first main cattle pen on the outer edge of the building, skips the basement portion, and joins you back in the final portion. for want of a better description. Honestly not sure if it was meant to be used, but on our first visit, it was open, and used all day by everyone.

Edited to add pics for reference:

so you turn left here and follow it to the top right of this pic around the outer path visible until you end up going through another small gate...

E69F5B8F-2681-4C2A-8444-523F4C377C39.jpeg

that small gate leads you directly to this small gate in front of the large fire exit gate, which is straight back into the final upstairs section of queue... Just before the final staircase...

F3FBD14C-926E-4197-A32D-C2C6A9F5904D.jpeg

Quite a significant shortcut!!!

Last edited:

migo315

Roller Poster
I haven't really measured them, but the ones from Phantasialand feels sometimes really long. Taron, Black Mamba & Chiapas.

But this year I probably did most of the metres at Max & Moritz in the Efteling because of the modified queue for Corona. No waiting time, but a very large zigzag queue. ?

Christian

Hyper Poster
Definitely Zadra. There is nothing else like it.

The Hyperion workout is quite fun and unique though. You walk round in circles going up to the top of a building only to then take the stairs down again. I remember being very impressed the first time.