What's new

Longest line/wait?

reddude333

Giga Poster
So, I'm just wondering what is the longest you have ever waited in line for a coaster and which one was it?

For me I think it would have to be Top Thrill Dragster...partially because the ride broke down (big surprise) and partially because me and my friend wanted to be in the front row :-D We waited for 2.5 hours...and yet totally worth it...

Not sure if this topic has been discussed before and I'm sorry if I'm just repeating something but I honestly want to know.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I've waited three hours for the Incredible Hulk once... only supposed to be about two but there were multiple breakdowns and stuff.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
2006, Stealth, 3 hours for my first ride. It broke every few runs and I believe it was on one train.

My dad waited 5 hours for the Dragster. He wasn't leaving the park untill he had a last go on the beast. It had an entire cable change that morning, so it was going to be a little while. We were the first trains of the day (Dad and other kid train 1, Me and my mother train 2) which was awesome as it fail launched. So we went backwards through the stations for a reset. All very exciting it taking so long to actually launch the trains. We actually got claps when it finally worked.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I don't think I've ever queued more than 90 minutes for a ride, and that was at Thorpe. I can't remeber the last time I went to a park on a busy day!

marc

CF Legend
4 hours for Shrek 4D in its opening year at Universal Studios Orlando.

3 hours for Nemesis in its opening year.

Mike

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno at GhosterForce a few years back. That queue went on forever; Must have been at least 3 hours long!

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
90 minutes for Crush's Turtle Coaster at DLP Studios, and that was first thing in the morning just after the park opened, cause if we saved it till later on then we'd be looking at 120 mins or more which is definitely not worth it for what it is. And I don't remember it spinning that much either lol.

I think at the 2008 Cedar Point Live we waited a little over three hours for Dragster because it had breakdowns like, every ten minutes.

Other than that I think it would be Rock n' Roller Coaster, though it may not have actually been that long. I was only eight, so for all I know it could have just been an hour, but time perception is a bit distorted when you're a bored kid. Though, I think it was more like two or something.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I think the longest is 2 hours for Atlantis Adventure when it first opened.

Other than that, there's a bunch of "around an hour" waits, but I can't think of anything specific to be honest.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
5 or 6 hours for Rocket Rods (opening day of the new tomorrowland). I was little and all I remember was it didn't "open" until like 10, but the park opened at 7, and we got in line, so we had three hours then, and then we had another 3 hours after it "opened" going about 15 mph the entire way. Sucked.

Other than that X2 I have probably pulled in more wait times in the 2-3 hour range than on any other ride. Probably average wait time is 2 hours, the ops on that ride are horrible.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Oh yeah. I remember rocket rods. Went there the year it opened...that line was ridiculous...ride was okay at the time...I was very young...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Everything at Disneyland ****ing Paris back in (guessing) 1994.

Since then, two hours for a new ride on opening day is my limit. Anything else can wait (geddit?!).

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
tomahawKSU said:
Other than that X2 I have probably pulled in more wait times in the 2-3 hour range than on any other ride. Probably average wait time is 2 hours, the ops on that ride are horrible.

I waited 15 minutes for it.

Just thought you'd like to know.

xx