What's new

Longchong Scenic Spot To Install Pretty Insane Thrill Rides

Ben

CF Legend
First of all, did it really take you six months to think of a comeback?

Secondly, you know you're referring to them specifically as Chinese knock offs, in that tone, with the emphasis on Chinese.

So, yes, you may not see it but it's racist ****.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
First of all, did it really take you six months to think of a comeback?

Secondly, you know you're referring to them specifically as Chinese knock offs, in that tone, with the emphasis on Chinese.

So, yes, you may not see it but it's racist ****.
That's because they are Chinese? They aren't being manufactured by a Japanese or Indian company are they...

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Oh come on both of you.... Shush now....

@CrashCoaster Yes you are right Chinese manafacturers do rip off western manafacturers sometimes, including here. That much is clear but it has been getting better. Especially BSAE and GH have been expanding into custom designs and track designs of their own.

But at the same time the Chinese knock off thing is a bit lazy these days. Especially when you look at western manafacturers. Intamin have tried to "knock off" the Mack Power Splash, The S&S Gale Force, The RMC Raptor and the S&S Freespin in just the last few years. OK they've not sold any of them but thats market forces not lack of trying.

Lets not even mention the Italian designers and their Zyclon style clones or the flat ride companies like Mondial and Huss who have such similar ride line ups.

The main thing that GH and BSAE have the advantage in that they have a local market who either don't know about the western versions or they do and cant afford them. Is the GH Dive Machine at Great Xingdong any worse than Air vs Stealth (CGA) or the Intamin Power Splash vs Macks?

And @Ben you know i love you man but no need to be quite so confrontational :p
CC's comments may be lazy but they arent entirely inaccurate. This ride is very much a Chinese Knock Off of a western built ride. However his mistake is thinking (or at least implying) this is a Chinese only issue.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The interwebs saw a few too many near-carbon copies of those SLCs and now calling everything a knockoff is overused. I saw Intamin's wing Rider and B&Ms wing coaster mentioned - yes, they're similar products within the same competitive set, but B&M definitely did not rip off Intamin's design. The technology present in each of the two products is quite distinguishable.

Nobody would call the Ford Focus a Renault Clio ripoff even though they share a competitive set. On the other hand, there are Chinese auto makers who have literally disassembled Mini Coopers and other vehicles and reverse engineered the tooling. But to @roomraider's point, China's been getting much better about owning their own designs across the board - not just in the amusement rides industry.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I like how they're not quite confident enough in the ride system, so have added that buffer at the end of it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk