What's new

Lightwater Valley, New rides in 2011 (see page 7)

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Ian, would you be able to enquire more about the possibility of T'Ultimate being extended and re-tracked at points? I remember when we spoke to park management and they said ideas were in the pipeline, but I'd really like to know whether they'd be going ahead with it or not (linked to your 21st birthday point).

Aside from that, I have followed the progress of Skeleton Cove over on UKPN, Lightwater's Facebook and over on their blog ad I think its going to be brilliant. Smaller UK parks this year are REALLY proving to be providing some excellent and extensively themed areas for families as a whole :D

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Yes, that's pretty awesome.

Although I'd like to make it clear that we visit parks for the fun and thrills they offer, not for any perks!

I'm really looking forward to visiting tomorrow and bringing you all a report.

Thanks for your questions so far!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That's a great offer from Lightwater!

:)

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
All enthusiast websites are now considered members of the press.

Provided you agree to write a review on the park, sites are entitled to 4 press passes (free entry) if you email them prior to your visit.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just to let you know, I'm currently writing up the report from our trip on Saturday. I've got a video to edit as well. It's going to be a busy week!

I can report that Skeleton Cove looks great. I know it's very easy for me to say that when a park has offered exceptionally awesome hospitality, but the love the team at LWV have for the park rubbed off on me. Where some of the big chain parks can easily throw money at projects, LWV aren't really in a position to do so, so Skeleton Cove is built on love, not money. And it shows. They've done an awesome job. Can't wait to see it in September when it's fully matured.

Oh, and here's an exclusive, never seen before photo!

LWVSCentrance.JPG

Hahaha, what's behind the censored bit I can't reveal until Saturday, but it's something that is uncharacteristic for LWV. I thought it was pretty cool. :wink:

Nic

Strata Poster
Hahahaha! Amazing! Yes, just to say that I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised by Skeleton Cove. I know I was. :)

peep

CF Legend
Haha, I look forward to reading your report and views Ian and I look forward to hopefully visiting later this year as I still haven't seen Raptor Attack.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Ian said:
Just to let you know, I'm currently writing up the report from our trip on Saturday. I've got a video to edit as well. It's going to be a busy week!

I can report that Skeleton Cove looks great. I know it's very easy for me to say that when a park has offered exceptionally awesome hospitality, but the love the team at LWV have for the park rubbed off on me. Where some of the big chain parks can easily throw money at projects, LWV aren't really in a position to do so, so Skeleton Cove is built on love, not money. And it shows. They've done an awesome job. Can't wait to see it in September when it's fully matured.

Oh, and here's an exclusive, never seen before photo!

LWVSCentrance.JPG

Hahaha, what's behind the censored bit I can't reveal until Saturday, but it's something that is uncharacteristic for LWV. I thought it was pretty cool. :wink:
Re-asking part of a question you answered from a few months ago, you said LWV lacked some kind of central hub....In the cove, has it now got one?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
slappy mcguire said:
Re-asking part of a question you answered from a few months ago, you said LWV lacked some kind of central hub....In the cove, has it now got one?
Sort of. SC is certainly a focal point area. There's a platform veranda and a food hall with access from all directions. Where SC isn't in the middle of the park, I wouldn't call it hub as such, mainly because it's not neutral as one would expect a hub to be.