What's new

Lightwater Valley - Future?

JMW

Roller Poster
They have already said the ride will not be returning.
See post 57 in this topic by our Matt.
By all accounts the park had a good summer with pretty good reviews from the new kiddie/family market.
Well not really… just one of the social media team replying to someone on Facebook…
I am still under the impression they’re looking at bringing it back. Yes, time will tell!

Peet

Giga Poster
We all agree the odds are against it ever running again, but I wouldn't consider it confirmed until the scrap man (or woman) shows up. Social media responses to posts are pretty meaningless (different to social media announcements).

sneakycoasters

Roller Poster
The generator was what made me think. It was a huge generator, the size of a shipping container (like the original one was)

But I personally have zero hope that anything will happen with it, maybe they tried getting it back up and running and then realised it was too much work and gave up.

Generator isn't wired up, track is clearly unused and overgrown. Train looked like some of the wheels were fresh but could literally be from before it closed.

The exit route in the station has a stud wall built in front of it currently where they added the mirror room. The room where the Ultimates exit stairs goes is now small and it has some big boxes of spares in there.

Last edited:

JMW

Roller Poster
The generator was what made me think. It was a huge generator, the size of a shipping container (like the original one was)

But I personally have zero hope that anything will happen with it, maybe they tried getting it back up and running and then realised it was too much work and gave up.

Generator isn't wired up, track is clearly unused and overgrown. Train looked like some of the wheels were fresh but could literally be from before it closed.

The exit route in the station has a stud wall built in front of it currently where they added the mirror room. The room where the Ultimates exit stairs goes is now small and it has some big boxes of spares in there.
Interesting, do you happen to have any photos?
Yeh I wouldn’t write it off quite yet, the rumour I heard was a 2024 relaunch.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
The parks own website clearly states the ride has been decommissioned.
The chances of it reopening, anywhere, are pretty much zero.
Maybe they are going to use the station and current theme/name for a family coaster? Something that uses the terrain although not on the scale of the original Ultimate, and definitely not as intense and long.

rob666

Hyper Poster
The station is absolutely huge, and could easily have it's windows blacked out and put a small family coaster in there!
It is a strange location, right over the other side of the park from the remaining attractions, a good ten minute walk away.
The value of the scrap metal will probably not cover the cost of recovery in the valley, which will have turned to horrendous brush and bramble by now.
It will probably just rust in peace, sadly.

Steely Dan

Mega Poster
Thoosie: I want to ask you a question, straight out, flat out, and I want you to give me the honest answer. What do you think the chances are of the Ultimate ever running again?

LWV: Well thoosie, that's difficult to say. We really don't...

Thoosie: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you LWV, just... The least you can do is level with me. What are the chances?

LWV: Not good.

Thoosie: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?

LWV: I'd say more like one out of a million.

Thoosie: So you're telling me there's a chance. YEAH!

rob666

Hyper Poster
A chance of me coming round with that baseball bat...quite possibly.
Only kidding.
'tis a real shame, the ride was so much fun, for masochists.
And after saying they are doing well in the new market, recent reviews have been less than positive...rides closed, crap ops, crap food, unhappy staff.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
A chance of me coming round with that baseball bat...quite possibly.
Only kidding.
'tis a real shame, the ride was so much fun, for masochists.
And after saying they are doing well in the new market, recent reviews have been less than positive...rides closed, crap ops, crap food, unhappy staff.
At the risk of playing the martyr here, the combination of my really wanting to ride this weird coaster since it opened yet never getting the chance to yet finally planning a UK coaster trip for next summer — just may make me the most disappointed person on this forum for its closure. And now Nemesis will be closed. I’m still not over Blackpool’s Wild Mouse!

Clearly, the country owes me a personal apology and that’s all there is to it.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Next time you are up north doing the Beach, let me know, I will leave the bat at home, but bring you a mouse wheel out of pity.
The Mouse and Ultimate are bad enough, but the Reel...
Will do — can’t resist cheese.

Wait, is something going on with Tyrolean Tubtwist as well? That and the Snails ride are also rides I’m really looking forward to. Don’t tell me …

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
No.
The Reel at Blackpool was my favourite, like the Mouse in a lot of ways, but with spinning seats.
It died at the end of my teenage years, I drove over to watch the pulling down.
Ah, I see. As they say, I’m sorry for your loss.

EDIT: Oh, and ignore the previous mention of cheese. It is true that I love a bit of cheese, but I only brought it up because I misread something in your post. 😝

oopnorth

Roller Poster
Gutted to see it go, but inevitable I guess with the change in focus.
Article also says eagles claw didnt reopen after covid (but it did), its also still listed on the website but seems out of place amongst the other attractions.