What's new

Lightwater Valley - Future?

liam147a

Roller Poster
^ This Jet Star that uses the same colour scheme as the Rocket logo is still listed as for sale. If the new coaster were to be this, this almost certainly would've either been listed as sold or removed from the website.

The relocation of Airbender from Camel Creek (which has been sitting idle since 2023, and also has the same colours as the logo) is a far more likely contender as it'll be easier to maintain for the park, and shipping costs will very likely be far less as the ride already exists in the UK.
Ive seen its been removed from Camel Creek now also. (Replaced with a mini golf course)

and based on that map photo I think you're right, seems very likely to be Airbender.

funfairsthemeparks

Roller Poster
They released their park map last week I believe, and it points more towards the Camel Creek coaster they are getting. Kinda funny as it will be the 2nd Zyklon Galaxy that has been at the park
72283c844caf8ab89ea2a27df9f4b103.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
I remember when they had the Grizzly Bear . Didn’t stay at the park long

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
This summer will mark 20 years since Pinfari's bankruptcy, and still there are parks putting up their coasters. Although they tend to be fourth or fifth-hand now.

Still, though, one would think the parks would have a look at coasters that others have gotten rid of thrice, and think "maybe there are better ways to spend our money than this?"

I'm all for recycling but I'm with you , surely there is a better way of spending your money? My kids are getting older (unbeleiveably by 6 year old is only 2cm from being able to ride Hyperia) so I don't have to visit places with these coasters anymore but they are generally so uncomfortable why are people still riding them? Becuase they don't know any better?

They must get people through the gate or the parks wouldn't bother but I wouldn't ride them, even for the cred.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Also because money. What other coaster can you get for 130k? (The price Clactons Pinfari was up for) I'd be surprised if you can get anything other than a second hand Pinfari or wild mouse for that money.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Also because money. What other coaster can you get for 130k? (The price Clactons Pinfari was up for) I'd be surprised if you can get anything other than a second hand Pinfari or wild mouse for that money.
An oil drum hanging by a rope from a tree branch, and a guy to whack it with a baseball bat for a couple minutes after the riders have climbed in?

Graeme

Roller Poster
I personally think there's a huge gap in the market for affordable Thrill or even Extreme (using RCDB definitions) compact coasters. They used to be a really good way for a small park to have a relatively thrilling coaster - Z40s, Galaxis etc - but the models are quite outdated now. I just think, if I had an amusement pier, what sort of small coasters are on the market?

• Gerstlauer Bobsled 390/4
  • RMC Wild Moose
  • Schwarzkopf Wildcat 2.0 (if it happens)

Clacton's Jurassic Pier (4D cinema) supposedly cost £500,000, so if someone could make a really good compact coaster for £1m or £2m I think that'd be a big hit.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I suspect part of the problem is raw material cost these days.

other people on here will have a better idea of how this works but I'm assuming the Pinfari coasters built 30 years ago couldn't be built these days at anywhere near the same cost because steel prices have gone through the roof.

Making a comparable thrill coaster these days would be much more expensive.

There are so many of these old zyklon types around that there is perhaps a bit of over supply as well keeping prices lower.

All in all when it comes to getting a new thrill coaster for 130k or a couple of million for something newer I know which ones the shareholders are going to want you to do.