What's new

Legoland Windsor Closed (Sun 6th May)

Nic

Strata Poster
Legoland Windsor have just announced on their facebook page that the resort* will be closed today due to a power failure.

At 9:43 said:
NEWS ALERT ... We're are very sorry to say that the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort is currently CLOSED due to an electrical power failure. We're working hard to find the cause of the problem and will keep you updated. For now though (Sunday 6 May), the Resort is CLOSED. Please keep checking for updates.

Must be pretty bad to warrant closure on a Sunday, and a bank holiday weekend at that. I guess it's far better to do this than to struggle on and risk loads of complaints. It's quite short notice though. I imagine there will already be hoardes of people on their way there by now.

*No idea if that includes the hotel as well as the park.

peep

CF Legend
^Yeah, opened earlier in the year.

To be honest its not good for the park but it's clearly something beyond their control. Hopefully they'll just send everyone to Chessie as it doesn't sound like they've been very busy recently.

I reckon the statement includes the hotel because it keeps mentioning resort in the message. I can't see them chucking guests out of the hotel though so not sure how it'll effect people.

Nic

Strata Poster
They're now saying that pre-booked tickets for today at Legoland will be accepted today at Chessington. It's gonna get busy!

Nic

Strata Poster
They're now saying that the park is expected to re-open tomorrow, and that they are happy to swap pre-booked tickets from today for another date.

tks

Strata Poster
TP Rich said:
Just one day after Thorpe's power cut! :S

I wonder if the two events are connected...

Yes. It's one big **** massive conspiracy against Merlin.