7oNztPt.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Śląskie Wesołe Miasteczko|Lech Coaster|Vekoma triple inv

It's almost like the cartoon renderings you see on park maps. :lol:

That looks great! I can't help but feel like that first corkscrew is going to be very intense.

It seems like the Vekoma designers are back on the front page!

spicy

Giga Poster

Wow! So I take it this is the same coaster type as F1. If this rides as smoothly as that does this is going to be awesome.

Love these new coasters from Vekoma, hope we see more of them.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

This is one of the best looking layouts I've seen in quite some time!

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/vekoma.rides.manufacturing/videos/1801753743444205/[/facebookpost]

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Love it. It's like they've looked at some of the best steel coasters and mashed the best elements together, EGF style drop, Megalite twisted hill, Helix style airtime hill, and then added their own inversions. Very impressed, hope it will ride as good as it looks and this type starts popping up elsewhere.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

Oh boy, Vekoma have certainly come a long way. This genuinely looks like a rather fantastic coaster. Great layout, decent looking trains, looks like it could be a real quality ride! Really hope to see more of these popping up. Here's hoping somewhere in the UK invests in one of these soon *cough* Dayton/Flamingo *cough*

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Jamesss said:
Woah, hold up. When did Vekoma get good?

Seemingly, just after every park in Western Europe and the US that could get a Vekoma, got one, and cemented Vekoma's reputation as a manufacturer of rough coasters. The sales made them enough money to invest in CAD software for making smooth coasters, though, but by the time their new lineup was ready, the traditional Vekoma market was saturated. "New SLC you say? We bought one from you five years ago!" "New looping coaster? Already got 'em." "New Boomerang? But we have three already!" Adding insult to injury, Vekoma's rides were so reliable that replacing them was not a question for anybody. Except those who bought GIBs, of course.

And so Vekoma, the boy-who-cried-ouch, had to look for new markets to sell their rides. Wherever they went, parks already had one of their old, rickety coasters, and nobody would buy anything from them more forceful than a family coaster. In China, they had even started knocking off Vekoma's old, rickety designs. But Poland came to the rescue, ordered a Vekoma "because they of very cheap, I hear", and Vekoma had to ask thrice before realizing they actually wanted a coaster that was both new and loopy. Formula 1 was built to bursts of applause and "Wait, what? Vekoma? Oh my, we never... We thought..." and Vekoma blushed and made this new coaster, named after a Polish hero of legend, in gratitude to Poland, The Country That Believed.

Okay, that might not be entirely accurate, but it's how I'd tell the story if ever asked.

JKM

Mega Poster

Photo from the construction site.
4DZyUXn.jpg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

Just imagine how bad it would be if it was a hyper SLC...

Temleh

Mega Poster

ATI said:
Just imagine how bad it would be if it was a hyper SLC...

You realise Vekoma are actually making fab coasters now, right?

Side note: Jubilee Odyssey was originally planned to be *almost* a GIGA suspended looping coaster.

Lofty

CF Legend

I am really excited about seeing the construction of this. The best bit about it is that it's just going to 'emerge' from the lake, and that I approve of.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
@ATI you need to look to the future with Vekoma, they are making strides with their rides. Not everything is as bad a an SLC of past.
Look at the new track design they now use.

I'm really liking the new Vekoma, seemingly smooth interesting layouts. Happy days!!! They have finally found the innovation of wheels on the outside of the tracks for their inverting coasters.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Saw those being shared on Facebook. I suspect it's a little on the fantasy side, but it looks fantastic. :D Can't wait to see how this actually materialises.