What's new

Least favorite element?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
ATTACKHAMMER said:
Fly to lie. They are so uncomfortable.
Or, more specifically, the fly to lie with outside roll on Vekoma Flying Dutchman. (Seen here after the first overbanked turn) Suck an awkward burst of positive g-force.

firehawk_6.jpg

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
I love coasters so there's not really any elements I hate, as long as a coaster is reasonably smooth any element is fine. I don't like vertical lift hills if they count as an elememt however they are good because they allow coasters to gain height withn minimal space usage.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Hyde said:
ATTACKHAMMER said:
Or, more specifically, the fly to lie with outside roll on Vekoma Flying Dutchman. (Seen here after the first overbanked turn) Suck an awkward burst of positive g-force.

firehawk_6.jpg
This flaming pile of **** pictured is the only thing to truly terrify me on a coaster. **** that thing.

So fly to lie followed by reverse inversions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Edward M

Strata Poster
tomahawk said:
Hyde said:
ATTACKHAMMER said:

firehawk_6.jpg
This flaming pile of **** pictured is the only thing to truly terrify me on a coaster. **** that thing.

So fly to lie followed by reverse inversions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I agree, these are my least favorite. I was so terrified by Nighthawk. I felt in actual danger and just wanted the ride to be over. I will also agree with reverse inversions being awful.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Come on guys, it's not that bad… :lol:

I think it depends on the manufacture really. I can't really think of a specific element that I despise among different companies. i.e corkscrews on Vekomas/Arrows are vile but pretty good on B&Ms.

So, I guess I'll say any Vekoma inversion/roll.

I can appreciate not liking flying coasters - those are some definite positive g-forces. It's something I really enjoy... in moderation. I probably wouldn't like Tatsu as much if it were repetitively ridden.

I use to really love positive forces, but I can't stand them hardly at all now. Pretzel loops are too much, and the reason I hated Flying Dinosaur is because it literally has almost two in a row and that was way too much force in such a small period of time. It killed a ride that otherwise had potential to be decent. MaXair use to be one of my favourite flats, but the positives at the bottom make me feel ill now. Maybe I'm just getting old :p

Jer

Strata Poster
Pretzel Loops

Didn't have to think too hard on this one, they're uncomfortable, awkward and generally pretty ****.

lachlan

Mega Poster
Pretzel loops are my FAVOURITE element (alongside zero-g rolls). I can understand that it may be too forceful for some people but that the strong forces just makes it better in my opinion.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Cobra rolls, I find them jarring and they don't flow well. Plus there's too many of them. I'm glad we're finding new and innovative ways to 180 a track now such as Shambhalas ampersand and Wildfires outward banked turn.