What's new

League of Goons 2024: Q&A

What does the new for 2024 scoring look like for completely redone rides? Like Dinosaurs -> Indiana Jones, or in this case the Geisterschloss at Europa Park being transformed into Castello de Medici. The ride system itself isn’t new, but pretty much everything else is and it is being advertised as a new ride.

I personally have excluded their log flume as a new ride as it is in my opinion just an upgraded version of the original with many of the original track still being the same; but Castello de Medici is a bit harder to judge for me.

What does the new for 2024 scoring look like for completely redone rides? Like Dinosaurs -> Indiana Jones, or in this case the Geisterschloss at Europa Park being transformed into Castello de Medici. The ride system itself isn’t new, but pretty much everything else is and it is being advertised as a new ride.

I personally have excluded their log flume as a new ride as it is in my opinion just an upgraded version of the original with many of the original track still being the same; but Castello de Medici is a bit harder to judge for me.
I think I'd be happy for something significant to be counted. A minor retheme, new soundtrack, etc, is relatively meaningless, but a full retheme, retracking, etc is justifiably worth the "new for 2024" points.

For Europa I think I'd actually allow both - the Log Flume was completely rebuilt following the fire, that seems reasonable enough to me. Castello is new, simple as.

I think I'd be happy for something significant to be counted. A minor retheme, new soundtrack, etc, is relatively meaningless, but a full retheme, retracking, etc is justifiably worth the "new for 2024" points.

For Europa I think I'd actually allow both - the Log Flume was completely rebuilt following the fire, that seems reasonable enough to me. Castello is new, simple as.
Yeah, I counted the flume and the powered coaster as new for 2024 in my submission. The park advertised the entire section of the park as new, so what the hell, I guess.

And there's me thinking that "new for '24" only applied to coasters for some reason. Ugh... I don't think I've dumped too many points, but there's at least a couple of things.

And there's me thinking that "new for '24" only applied to coasters for some reason. Ugh... I don't think I've dumped too many points, but there's at least a couple of things.
I think for 2025 it will be - will greatly simplify things.

This is a bit of a stretch, but I might give it a shot:
Do (legally obtained) POV videos count in the ORP catergory? Yes, I am not visible on the video (hopefully), but it is kind of a proof of a ride. Like kinda.
If yes: Do Force POVs give extra points? ;-)

Last edited: