What's new

Lake Compounce

VascoXTRC

Roller Poster
Well LC is great and all (Boulder Dash), but it needs a new coaster. It has now been 13 years. I believe that lack of space was the reason. Looking at an aerial though it seems to have some space, especially past the log flume. What do y'all think would be a good addition if LC considered this?

I'd say an Intamin Mega Lite. They have a small footprint, but have nice airtime and pack a punch.

What do y'all think?

It's a bold move, but I'd suggest they clone Boulder Dash. Then they could have two of the best wooden coasters in the world at one park!

Lake Compounce was a nice park, but to me it looked like a finished park in RCT, there was just no room for expansion unless they did another boulder dash treatment to a Woodie, which would ruin the uniqueness of
Boulder Dash. They have enough stuff to entertain as far as I know, but I've only been there once. They can dredge the lake but that would ruin LAKE Compounce.

Aren't they massively expanding their water park for next summer further out towards the lake? There appeared to be a fair bit of construction going on when we visited this summer. Hopefully this will see an increase in profits resulting in a larger investment in the coming years. I don't know, definitely not clone of BD because that's stupid seeing as the coaster is custom and terrained to fit the landscape. Something petite like a mega-lite might slot nicely in somewhere along the hills though.

UC said:
LC doesn't have a lot of money.
With their gate figure extortion, I'm bit unsure how.

Id rather they charged for soda and had a realistic gate figure reflecting park quality.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

That's what I was planning on doing when I go up to NE next year, I've always been told the after 5 pm deal was always the best option and that it could easily be done together with SFNE in a day.

Eurofighter or an Intamin Mega-Lite.

Pack a punch with a small footprint and relatively cheap?

Because compare to your average B&M hyper, they are much cheaper, but compared to a large wooden coaster, they are comparable.

I think if they get a Eurofighter it'll get the ball rolling. Never ridden one myself but I hear they're loads of fun.

I wasn't saying they were cheap, everything mentioned in this thread is not cheap. It would make zero sense for this park to get a mega-lite, it is not realistic for a park that, as you said, is most regional and gets most of its business from locals who are season pass guests, to add an attraction on this scale. So by me saying that it's cheaper than a B&M hyper, I was just comparing price wise, no where did I ever say or think this park would get one, as that is just asinine.

They DO have space for something around the border of the lake. They could build something around there.
What would also be great would be that GCI Big Fun concept or something like it-a really compact (Twister-esque) woodie of some sort.

I don't think a Megalite would fit the park anyway. I've never been but LC looks like a park than could and should use its natural landscape to its advantage like they did with BD.

If they had the money, room or inclination for a big new ride then a ride like a eurofighter through the woods (something like the one at Dunriell but custom to fit in) or a ride that uses the terrain and trees to it's advantage like Eagles Fortress would be my choice. (I'm not saying it should be a suspended just use your imagination)

UC said:
LC doesn't make as much from gate admission as you'd think. They're a huge season pass park, as almost all of its clientele is local.

From an enthusiast perspective, I don't know why you'd ever pay full price anyway. The after-5pm passes are all of $16 and usually give more than enough time to do everything.

Most of the money they have is funneled into the waterpark for reasons explained above - that's the main draw during its peak season (apart from their Halloween event every year).
Was forced into paying full price because their calendar is bollocks. All other parks were open when we visited, LC didn't have a calendar up when I booked, but I thought nothing of it. The park was only open until 4 that day, but still charged the full price. I contacted them trying to find out if it was a discount price due to closing so early in advance but the didn't reply to my emails, so their customer service left a lot to be desired, too.

Maybe their audience would improve if their ticket price wasn't so damn shocking. If it was enough to make us, as enthusiasts, reconsider going then I can't imagine the damage it must do with normal guests when they look up the cost.

roomraider said:
I've never been but LC looks like a park than could and should use its natural landscape to its advantage like they did with BD.

Boulder Dash is the exception rather than the rule at that park; everything else is pretty much just plonked on an area of flat ground in front of it.

UC, I really wish you'd stop it with the really long posts which say what could be said in a paragraph, said with such assertion that you know the ins and outs of everything there ever is to know. I respect you when you explain stuff, I really do, but when you say things like I shouldn't expect decent service from a small family park and why the hell would a small family park want more visitors, I shut off. You lack common sense sometimes.

It's not unreasonable to expect any attraction to have a calendar up the month prior to opening, especially when Quassy and Knoebles managed it.
It's not unreasonable to expect the park to have a discounted entry price when it's closing 4 hours earlier than normal, especially considering the ticket price is so high and they do discounted tickets for evening entry.
It's not unreasonable to expect them to respond to an email in, lets say, a week. They STILL haven't responded, and it's now been 4 months.
I had to call them in the end and the woman on the end of the phone was really rude. And for me, being British, to think that... Well she must have been the rudest cow in America.

These are not unreasonable gripes.

It's also pretty stupid to say that they don't need to aspire to having more guests. Every business wants more business than it already has. Whether or not they are actively trying to get it or are doing a good job at trying is another matter entirely.

Your "people don't pay the ticket price" is as naive as the people who think people don't pay Merlins.

EDIT: I apologise for my personal outburst up there. That was unreasonable.

[qoute="Joey"]
UC said:
LC doesn't make as much from gate admission as you'd think. They're a huge season pass park, as almost all of its clientele is local.

From an enthusiast perspective, I don't know why you'd ever pay full price anyway. The after-5pm passes are all of $16 and usually give more than enough time to do everything.

Most of the money they have is funneled into the waterpark for reasons explained above - that's the main draw during its peak season (apart from their Halloween event every year).
Was forced into paying full price because their calendar is bollocks. All other parks were open when we visited, LC didn't have a calendar up when I booked, but I thought nothing of it. The park was only open until 4 that day, but still charged the full price. I contacted them trying to find out if it was a discount price due to closing so early in advance but the didn't reply to my emails, so their customer service left a lot to be desired, too.

Maybe their audience would improve if their ticket price wasn't so damn shocking. If it was enough to make us, as enthusiasts, reconsider going then I can't imagine the damage it must do with normal guests when they look up the cost.[/quote]

first off are you calling $36.99 shocking sfga is shocking at $64.99 also as an LC employee i can assure you that the email problem was probally becasue we never got it ... when did u send it because our internet went down for entire days on a couple of occasions we normally never have issues with emails
also in may and early june we have "education days" where we open at 9 in the morning and close between 4 and 5 also

IF ANY BODY NEEDS TO EMAIL LAKE COMPOUNCE ABOUT ANYTHING ON THIS FORUM EITHER PM here
WITH THATE BEING SAID ANYTHING MENTIONED IN FEBRUARY OR MARCH MAY TAKE UP TO A MONTH TO GET A RESPONCE BUT I WILL RESPONED TO EVERYBODY
also the roumers on expendatures the park is spending money on a new campground for overnight accomidations along with water park expansions which would technicaly speaking make us a resort
one last thing this year we are starting a christmas themed season in december with limited kiddy rides open

Are you actually, officially, coming forward as a customer service representative for Lake Compounce? Do they know you are?

Bumping because I got a reply from LC via twitter saying that guy is not an employee, my crappy detective work is done here.

bmac said:
Bumping because I got a reply from LC via twitter saying that guy is not an employee, my crappy detective work is done here.
Not that's a shocker.

Both as sarcasm about this guy not being a representative of LC and as a serious remark about the fact that they responded to you on twitter when they can't answer a simple email.