SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Knoebels |"Flying Turns"| In house construction

Two pair car, six per train ;)

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Its the "good for a date" style seating too. Not too many of them around these days.

Naemuti

Mega Poster

roomraider said:
Its the "good for a date" style seating too. Not too many of them around these days.

Those are my absolute least favorite seats because I never have a date... :cry:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

rollermonkey said:
Too many jaded enthusiasts equate neck-snapping airtime and soul-crushing g-forces with ride quality, and too few remember when riding roller coasters was about having fun with friends.

Oh my God this! Real talk, ride roller coasters for the travels and friends. It's a little bit bigger than increasing a silly number or being able to brag that you've done it before somebody else or grabbing your 20th copy of a POV.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

roomraider said:
FOR GOOD REASON BECAUSE ONLY MALE & FEMALE COUPLES, FEMALE & FEMALE FRIENDS AND PARENTS & CHILDREN WILL EVER RIDE TOGETHER.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

kimahri

CF Legend

GOD DMAN GAYZ!

I saw the pov the other day on Knoebels' FB page and I have to admit it glides around a lot more gracefully than I thought it would. Even when going into the guide rail bits.

The nails that stick out are still terrifying though.

marc

CF Legend

Tbh I've seen plenty of male and males ride together on the same type of trains at Blackpool, Asterix, Europa, Disney and Alton when they had the Black Hole.

kimahri

CF Legend

If I may be honest my self. I can see what Joey is trying to say. It is America and yeah, I assume they could be arsey about 2 blokes sitting together in tandem like that but the bloody thing isn't open. It's never had random people with a multitude of variables including, "cain't get close to another mayin, is homosexshul" but will it really matter? I'd have like to avoid talking about knoebels during busier time since I've only been once during a quiet period and seen a time lapse video of phoenix with a reletivly large queue. Is it safe to assume that Knoebels doesn't build up massive 2 hour queues on a frequent basis through out the year thus even Flying Turns operating at optimum with just shoving people on regardless of the male male variable won't be able to quell?

Actually, **** it. Joey you're making a mountin out of a mole hill and whining on like a bloody Social justice tumblr and getting offended at nothing. Just shut it. It's irrelevant.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Re: Knoebels |

Joey said:
roomraider said:
FOR GOOD REASON BECAUSE ONLY MALE & FEMALE COUPLES, FEMALE & FEMALE FRIENDS AND PARENTS & CHILDREN WILL EVER RIDE TOGETHER.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

If we were fine doing Male Male (all 6 of us) in TEXAS on La Vibora, then your fears are rather invalid.

Snoo

The Legend

It's funny that Brits who have visited assume how a seating arrangement will be limited in a country in which they don't live based on assumptions and stereotypes.

Anyone who thinks that is a problem is a complete and absolute moron.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Yes, because Matterhorn at Disneyland suffered from that FOR SO LONG! NEVER IN ALL MY YEARS did I see two MALES sitting together! OH the absolute horror that would have caused me to see!

I call sitting in front of, and then behind Snoo.

tks

Strata Poster

Snoo said:
It's funny that Brits who have visited assume how a seating arrangement will be limited in a country in which they don't live based on assumptions and stereotypes.

Anyone who thinks that is a problem is a complete and absolute moron.

Heyyyyyy we're not all shouty Caps Lock people over here. Some of us prefer a good leg squishing.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

State inspectors are on site. Air gates, etc are being installed.

In other words: she is ready

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Seven and a half years ago I was considering waiting to make Flyer Turns my 100th roller coaster.

I guess 157th will have to do.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

marc said:
Tbh I've seen plenty of male and males ride together on the same type of trains at Blackpool, Asterix, Europa, Disney and Alton when they had the Black Hole.
Yeah, outside of the US. In the US it's apparently considered to be a kind of homosexual intercourse.

I dunno what everyone else is talking about, because at KD I've seen the ride attendants mock any occasional guests who did it on more than one occasion. And when I've sat with others, had it directed at me.

The point is, it decreases capacity. It puts at least some people off, even in Europe. If you don't think so, you're an idiot.

Also, Kim, I don't know what you're even talking about. I couldn't give a toss.

Snoo... The US not a country that makes assumptions and judgements? I don't even...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Joey said:
The point is, it decreases capacity. It puts at least some people off, even in Europe. If you don't think so, you're an idiot.

Even if you're right, and it is this hug, enormous, "OMG people will think I'm gay and all ride like this should banned even though there are several operating in the State already which do this - ban them all!!!" knee jerk thing - does it matter?

Three trains with a capacity between 3 and 6 people per train. That's still probably better than Hero or Mumbo Jumbo at Flamingoland and Knoebels will never hit the numbers in a day Flamingoland do. Or if they do, it'll be a rare day rather than the norm.

Hell, even the Wild Mouse at Blackpool is running 1-2 people per car with what? Six cars on track at a time?

If this was a park with millions of visitors a year, then I think that there should be concerns, but with the visitors Knoebels gets? I can't see it being such a massive issue.

Intricks

Strata Poster

^^ Cause Kings Dominion is the set point for all park employee actions towards heckling guests at any point in time on a ride based upon who they sit with.........especially Knoebles.

Yeah, nobody will care beyond the backwoods homophobes or the major religious fanatics that may or may nit be in the park at any given point in time. As Kim said, quit making a mountain out of a dirt pile (or whatever kim said).