Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
No. We know it isn't coming back.

Not.

Gonna.

:emoji_zipper_mouth:ing.

Happen.

I could really see them making a "Grandson of Beast" one day, if only to cash in on the notoriety of Son of Beast. It could be a widely different coaster, just reusing the name, which is still fairly well known even all those years after SoB closed. The new coaster would have to be from a Reputable Manufacturing Company, though, to avoid the problems the old one was plagued by and deliver a better ride experience.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I could really see them making a "Grandson of Beast" one day, if only to cash in on the notoriety of Son of Beast. It could be a widely different coaster, just reusing the name, which is still fairly well known even all those years after SoB closed. The new coaster would have to be from a Reputable Manufacturing Company, though, to avoid the problems the old one was plagued by and deliver a better ride experience.
I would love a name like Beast Hunter or some corny **** like that to give a call back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TLARides

Hyper Poster
There are endless possibilities.

Or maybe they'll pull out a new kiddie ride.

What's hiding in the woods? It's Snoopy's Train Ride!

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Just dawned on me too; that chest in the poster too? It looks as if it's holding something...

KI_SOB_Entrance.jpg

I like the notion of bringing back the Son of Beast theme - it's nostalgic and a fun leverage of branding for Kings Island. And I mean, comeon: "after numerous years of searching, we have finally located the lost remnants of "Number Five" and are formulating a plan to bring it back into service once again." If this were a roller coaster, and If it were headed to Kings Island. It would be rather plausible to see this fit the Son of Beast theme. They did rename Flight Deck to Bat afterall, and Cedar Fair overall has been on a nostalgic homage kick over the last decade.

... unless they are actually planning on building a remake of the Bavarian Beetle.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Could this maybe be for a haunt? SoB’s station is currently used for a haunt called Wolf Pack that’s been there forever, maybe it’s time for it to go and get something new in there? Possibly with SoB’s theme? Also heard a rumor that they were supposed to retire at least one haunt this year so that lines up with this theory.

It would be the perfect Tony Clark trolling job too. Make everyone think Son of Beast is coming back and it’s just a new haunt.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I totally forgot to connect the dots here - wooden wreckage and flowers have appeared in front of the Son of Beast gravestone in-line for Banshee over the last month.

38694475_882251775304118_3738516444141322240_n.jpg

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Tuesday night, Kings Island employees get a party in Rivertown. I assume they'll make some announcement to us (the employees). If not, oh well. There's still a lot to come this season.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
This is turning into the gwazi thread that is filled with too much hope.

RMC would have to really restrain themselves from putting in a load of random humps and twists if they were to remake anything like SOB. I'd love to see it as I never got to do SOB and I love the beast (although I don't know how similar they were really). I suppose they can do the inversions, but they've said they'll never do a vertical loop, apparently. All of this is just random hypothetical thoughts of course. I'd like another woodie of some kind as KI have such a great collection (as someone said above) and it is so rare for a park to have a full set of great woodies without any bad ones. Maybe a steel coaster zooming through the woods would be cool? Utilise the landscape that they have like beast does? Steel grandchild of beast? Long lost cousin of beast? Many options here.:D:p

This is probably just a scare maze though.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I think someone made a version of SoB if RMC were to really re-do it...

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Apart from the unnecessary bumpy bits before the lift, it looks good but I think you'd feel the speed more on a woodie as it's not as smooth which is why the beast (and I assume SOB) feel/felt fast and out of control. Same as boulderdash.

I can see RMC doing something at KI though, especially after Steve.

Snoo

The Legend
This is turning into the gwazi thread that is filled with too much hope.

RMC would have to really restrain themselves from putting in a load of random humps and twists if they were to remake anything like SOB. I'd love to see it as I never got to do SOB and I love the beast (although I don't know how similar they were really). I suppose they can do the inversions, but they've said they'll never do a vertical loop, apparently. All of this is just random hypothetical thoughts of course. I'd like another woodie of some kind as KI have such a great collection (as someone said above) and it is so rare for a park to have a full set of great woodies without any bad ones. Maybe a steel coaster zooming through the woods would be cool? Utilise the landscape that they have like beast does? Steel grandchild of beast? Long lost cousin of beast? Many options here.:D:p

This is probably just a scare maze though.

I think every thread devolves into that in some point.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Knowing Cedar Fair, they'll build an RMC that is 204 ft. tall. ;)

TLARides

Hyper Poster
A poster talking about KI Associate Events said something about a new Scare Maze.