What's new

Kings Island and Cedar Point PTR

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
Last week I went to Cedar Point and Kings Island and it was pretty frickin awesome. I spent Monday and Tuesday at KI and Wednesday-Friday at CP.
Ohio weather sucks and Ohio roads suck.

Kings Island-

Kings Island is a decent park. It feels really classic and somewhat outdated, though. With the exception of a few coasters everything is just so easily pointed out as 80's/90's. Some of the rides show their poor maintenance by Paramount. It would be a sweet homepark. Lines aren't horrid and it's got anything and everything.

Vortex x11
Beast x6
Adventure Express x4
Diamondback x3
Flight Deck x3
Invertigo x3
Flight of Fear x2
Firehawk x2
Blue Racer x1
Red Racer x1
Backlot Stunt Coaster x1
Woodstock Express x1
Flying Ace Aerial Chase x1
Great Pumpkin Coaster x1
Drop Tower x1

Vortex (9/10)- This is honestly the best Arrow looping coaster I've been on. It's got a creative layout, it's really forceful, it has good airtime on the first drop, it's smooth, and it has comfortable laterals. The Batwing is an awesome element and that final helix is just the sex.

Beast (9/10)- I was dreading a 5 minute ride on a Dinn-designed wooden coaster. It was really a pleasant surprise (as long as you don't sit in a wheel seat). Overall it's really fun and I love the helix after the second lift hill. My only gripe is the fricking trims. There were so many of them and they're all really really strong.

Diamondback (8/10)- B&M could have done so much better. The train design is just bleh. The longer axle makes it shuffle more. There's some really really godly airtime in the front, but the MCBR absolutely kills the second half. The trim wasn't hitting hard. Overall it's a solid ride, good for the park, good capacity, reliable, crowd-bringer... but it's just so meh. Nothing really stands out other than "OMG TALL RED THING!!"

Adventure Express (7/10)- Best Arrow Mine Train I've been on to date. It actually had the out-of-control feeling and crazy laterals. Creative layout, really good theming (CF actually let it keep that awesome tunnel!). Good family ride, rather aggressive, but overall a solid ride.

Flight Deck (6/10)- I was expecting so much more, especially after having Big Bad Wolf less than an hour from me. To me it honestly felt more like an Inverted coaster, the swinging was really methodical and it really didn't change the angle of swing during the turns.

Invertigo (2/10)- UGH. Just ugh. I was forced to ride it by my friend a third time and after I got off we went to Flight Deck and I threw up in a bush in the queue because I was really sick from having my head beat so violently. Crappy crappy ride. I'm sure it could have been executed better.

Flight of Fear (5/10)- Compared to Joker's Jinx and our Flight of Fear, KI's is really rough. The only thing is that it has all the awesome spiels and TVs in the queue and epic ride music. Other than that I much prefer our Flight of Fear.

Firehawk (6/10)- Batwing really sucked and I was absolutely dreading Firehawk. It proved to be a pretty good ride, it had better pacing than Batwing and was a lot more comfortable. Still not a big fan of Vekoma's flyers.

Racer (6/10)- Lot of airtime, typical out and back, but WHAT IS WITH THE FREAKING STRONG TRIM... there's a really strong trim before the turnaround. Not cool, Cedar Fair, not cool.

Backlot Stunt Coaster (5/10)- Like our Backlot, it's a neat little ride. My only gripe is that the second launch isn't as strong and the boost coming out of the billboard does nothing. Good family ride, nothing spectacular.

Woodstock Express (4/10)- Good little kiddie ride... but it's trimmed. What the hell? It's not necessary. Slow dispatches as well.

Flying Ace Aerial Chase (2/10)- What the hell Vekoma? How can you mess up something so small? Insanely rough. I also banged my head on the train crossing the station to put my bag on the other side.

Cedar Point-
Awesome park. I was underwhelmed the first day (due to lack of sleep, a headache, being really hot, and my friend being annoying) but the next day I was well-rested and saw how awesome the park is. There's some really good theming. Classic rides are mixed with new rides and it's a perfect balance between family and thrill. Everything at CP is just so well done. No coaster is truly horrible and the flats are good. Other than MilF and Maverick the lines were really short, no more than a 5 minute wait. Cedar Point's operators are the absolute best. They're fast, funny, and always in a good mood. Friday night was Platinum passholder ERT night, Magnum XL-200 and Maverick (TTD broke down during the day) were open.

Magnum XL-200 x29
Corkscrew x14
Blue Gemini x8
Red Gemini x7
Millennium Force x4
Cedar Creek Mine Ride x4
Maverick x3
Mantis x3
Mean Streak x3
Iron Dragon x3
Top Thrill Dragster x2
Wicked Twister x2
Raptor x2
Disaster Transport x2
Blue Streak x1
Wildcat x1
Woodstock Express x1
Jr. Gemini DENIED. The operator said I was too tall and that even if I stole a kid she wouldn't let me ride. Silly woman.

Magnum XL-200 (10/10)- Epic coaster. I've never had such violent airtime. B&M should take note. It wasn't rough like I was expecting. Seat 1-3, as the rumors may say, has the most violent airtime of any coaster. I still have my bruises on my thighs from riding 29 times. Arrow sure as hell could design a good coaster, experience-wise. From an engineering standpoint Magnum sucks.

Corkscrew (8/10)- For what it does, Corkscrew is awesome. I wasn't expecting the airtime to be like that. Holy Cheez-its. It was forceful, the Corkscrews were forceful, and it was completely smooth. No headbanging. It was short, sweet, and to the point. Nothin fancy.

Gemini (8/10)- Just good old fashioned fun. The crew had it down to a science and dispatched so that the trains were almost always dead even on the lift. Smooth ride, simple layout, but still a lotta fun. Loved high-fiving the other train. I kinda understand the trims on it, though, that helix was violent with the trim.

Millennium Force (10/10)- I just jizzed my pants thinking about it. It's not even that creative of a layout, it's pretty simple. Overbank, turn, airtime hill, overbank, airtime hill, turn, airtime hill, flat, overbank, brakes. It's just so... f***ing epic, for lack of better words. It's forceful, the airtime is good, and it's just an amazing ride. It is currently my #1. IntaWIN (for once).

Cedar Creek Mine Ride (5/10)- Eh... still better than Trailblazer. To be honest it was actually really fun. It's nothing spectacular but it's a good family ride and I can imagine that kids love it. It's not rough and it's not overly forceful. Only quarrel is the restraints, who the hell thought of that one? I had to sit Buddha-style for them to work right.

Maverick (7/10)- NOT a fan. I should not have to brace that hard to enjoy a ride. I had to deathgrip the restraints and force my head not to move. Launch wasn't powerful, layout was no fun, and the airtime was almost too sudden and strong.

Mantis (6/10)- The trim wasn't on. That's all the ride has going for it. The loop is all right, but standing for that long is really uncomfortable. Not to mention the MCBR kills it and the second half is pointless dicking around. I don't get it. Not even B&M can get a good Stand Up. I much prefer Shockwave.

Mean Streak (3/10)- I've never been hurt so badly by a coaster in my life. I figured I would try front, middle, and back and one was bound to be good. Middle was horrendous, front was horrible, and the back hurt me so badly. The trim is like a holding brake, it jackhammers worse than anything at the BOTTOM of hills (takes a damn fool to design something that does that) and I was praying that it'd stop at the MCBR so the torture couldn't continue.

Iron Dragon (7/10)- I preferred this over Flight Deck. It actually swung around (albeit not much) and reminded me more of Big Bad Wolf. I don't understand the hatred for it, sure it's not fast paced and ultra-intense but it's a really really good coaster. Awesome for families, good use of its space, and just fun for a quick ride.

Top Thrill Dragster (9/10)- Mind blown. I was wiggin out and having a panic attack before my first ride, but afterwards I was adrenaline high for an hour. My pulse was rushing and I was shaking. The launch is insane and rolling 420 feet over the earth is just plain ****-your-pants scary. Awesome ride.

Wicked Twister (8/10)- After Possessed I wasn't expecting anything great. It was shockingly amazing. Smooth, good launch, and the spikes are just awesome. The setting is good, too. Going backwards and twisting 200 feet in the air is slightly perturbing, but really awesome.

Raptor (8/10)- Not my favorite B&M Invert. The Cobra Roll was unnecessarily rough, the Zero-G roll was good, the second half wasn't awful, and the bitchslap going into the brake run just sucks.

Disaster Transport (6/10)- I heard so much crap about Disaster Transport but it really wasn't bad. I loved how it was pitch black. Although the lift hill stank of asses and sweat, it was a good little ride.

Blue Streak (5/10)- I don't understand why people love this so much, but anyhow it's decent. Nothing amazing. Over the airtime hills I slammed my head on the headrest, though. I don't get headrests on wooden coasters.

Wildcat (5/10)- Overrated. It's not awesome. It's really lame, to be honest. No laterals, no odd amounts of force, just a classic wild mouse.

Woodstock Express (5/10)- Vekoma should just stick with standard kiddie coasters. Woodstock Express was the ****. Forceful for a kiddie coaster, smooth, and just perfect for kids.

I will post the pictures as soon as I get all my stuff organized. Gotta sort through 562 of them, woohoo!

Comments and questions are greatly appreciated.

RCF

Strata Poster
I don't either. You must be on crack. You've ridden I-305, you just ride Maverick the way you ride 305. Simple as that.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
^He's just weird when it comes to coaster rankings. :p I actually found it to be the opposite as I think Maverick is smooth but i305's restraints were uncomfortable.

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
RCF said:
I don't either. You must be on crack. You've ridden I-305, you just ride Maverick the way you ride 305. Simple as that.
Maverick was totally different. Intimidator 305's transitions didn't slam me around as much, Maverick literally threw me side to side. My first ride I was totally relaxed and it threw me around, the second I rode it like Intimidator 305, still hurt.

CreditCrazy said:
^He's just weird when it comes to coaster rankings. :p I actually found it to be the opposite as I think Maverick is smooth but i305's restraints were uncomfortable.
And shut up lil davy :p

RCF

Strata Poster
IHeartArrow said:
RCF said:
Maverick was totally different. Intimidator 305's transitions didn't slam me around as much, Maverick literally threw me side to side. My first ride I was totally relaxed and it threw me around, the second I rode it like Intimidator 305, still hurt.

If you don't anticipate turns it's not gonna be enjoyable.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Error said:
I don't agree with half your ratings.
Likewise.
Two days at KI is one too many & I could never spend 3 days straight at CP without being bored to death. Shockwave over Mantis? And 29 rides on Magnum, that's just torture. Masochist perhaps? :p

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
All right, so my opinions are different... so I don't have the same likes and dislikes as y'all? That's lovely. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and in the eyes of one all the others smell bad. I actually take offense to being called a masochist... not cool, dude. I asked for comments not rude remarks.

Snoo

The Legend
It was sarcasm buddy. I'm sure after hanging around this joint long enough you'd get the jist of what we do. :p Not really a big deal buddy. We still <3

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
Woohoo. Pictures. Celebrate. No, not really.

IMG_1110.jpg

The two guys with their hands up are my heroes.

IMG_1116.jpg

Sexyness.

IMG_1229.jpg

As cool as this looks... it's not. It's just a poser.

IMG_1251.jpg

Damn sensor ruining my shot...

IMG_1260.jpg

"IS THIS A WATER RIDE!?"

IMG_1269.jpg

Old guy in the back right seat- "AARGH WHAT'S HAPPENING?!"

IMG_1146.jpg

"I WILL KICK YOUR ASS!"

IMG_1153.jpg

As meh as you are, I'd much rather be riding you than the thing I'm in line for that was designed by crack-smoking Dutch apes.

IMG_1161.jpg

How can something so cool looking suck so much?

IMG_1167.jpg

I think that Premier secretly plotted to make their Backlot worse than KD's.

IMG_1169.jpg

Heey... that's not right. Backlot isn't allowed to have doors but it can have Italian Job on the control panel?

IMG_1172.jpg

Who's an ugly logo? You are!

IMG_1180.jpg

Arrow's Batwing is much better than Vekoma's Batwing. Hahaaa... cheap pun for the freaking win.

IMG_1182.jpg

Okay, banking that's way too much when moving at 5 mph and inadequate banking for something much faster? Awesome, Arrow.

IMG_1206.jpg

LOOOOPS. GIANT LOOOPS.

IMG_1207.jpg

BATWIIIING. NOT-SO-GIANT BATWIIING.

IMG_1210.jpg

According to my friend he blacked out about here and came to going up to the MCBR.

IMG_1212.jpg

"OMGZZ WE'RE GONNA HIT THAT GIANT POLE HOLDING UP THE CIRCLE THING!"

IMG_1214.jpg

This would be so much better if I were doing something slutty.

IMG_1215.jpg

Yeaah... I'm not too keen on going into the woods, much less the woods occupied by a Beast so this is the only picture you'll get of Beast.

IMG_1290.jpg

The sky is white. Period. I did not play with my ISO.

IMG_1294.jpg

So much yellow. It's like... yellow.

IMG_1296.jpg

You poor, poor fools.

IMG_1301.jpg

That just looks ****ed up.

IMG_1316.jpg

It's really fun to reach up and spin the guide wheels. Unless the op catches you.

IMG_1317.jpg

Grosssss. Paint your coasters, Cedar Fair.

IMG_1319.jpg

Really, this is the only place the coaster swung insanely.

IMG_1136.jpg

My camera can catch something moving at 94 mph but it can't catch a Suspended coaster? That's just awesome.

IMG_1322.jpg

"9 stars? What the hell? There should be ten stars!" -My friend

IMG_1323.jpg

Lazy SoB... haaa, I'm funny.

IMG_1324.jpg

See, the sky's white. I don't play with my ISO. It's just Ohio's awful weather.

IMG_1334.jpg

Oh my. The trains appear to have flown off the track like in Final Destination 3!

IMG_1335.jpg

Red owning blue. Not cool, blue's awesome.

IMG_1337.jpg

Whatever the hell that means... ironic cause they have a buncha rednecks in one of the things played in FoF's queue.

IMG_1343.jpg

Even with a trim, you're still better than Rebel Yell.

IMG_1344.jpg

KICK SOME SKY, FIREHAWK!

IMG_1347.jpg

Argh no. Laterals on a flying coaster are baad.

IMG_1348.jpg

LA ****ing ROSA'S! Best pizza ever.

IMG_1350.jpg

Jesus wanted the sky to be blue again.

IMG_1352.jpg

Shiny wheels!

IMG_1372.jpg

Damn tree...

IMG_1381.jpg

That's right. I love my camera.

IMG_1386.jpg

Is it just me or does the snake look stupid? Like "Duuurr I'mma snake lookie heree."

Cedar Point to come soon.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
IHeartArrow said:
I asked for comments not rude remarks.
Oooo... Excuse meee... Fall out of the wrong side of the crib this morning? :p

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
IMG_1405.jpg

Raptor lookin pretty during morning ERT. When it refused to wake up.

IMG_1415.jpg

Kick some sky, MaXair!

IMG_1419.jpg

B&M’s turns <3

IMG_1422.jpg
“OOOH look at me I’m a big bird but I don’t fly in the morning!”

IMG_1410.jpg

Wicked Twister lives in between Raptor’s supports.

IMG_1553.jpg

Apparently it doesn’t, I’m just a dumbass.

IMG_1554.jpg

Love at first twist. Ugh I’m really slackin with puns.

IMG_1424.jpg

Can’t touch this! Unlike other B&M Inverts that stop at their MCBRs… anger.

IMG_1543.jpg

Big bird gets poopied on by a little birdie.

IMG_1545.jpg

UNNECESSARY ROUGHNESS! Yellow card for B&M’s Cobra Rolls. World Cup references rock.

IMG_1547.jpg

Hands OUT? That’s a new one.

IMG_1426.jpg

“Let’s all look backwards and maybe the train will turn backwards with us!”

IMG_1428.jpg

White Streak!... which can also be a dirty pun.

IMG_1431.jpg

My camera is amazing. And that transformer in the background totally makes this shot better.

IMG_1432.jpg

Yeah, I don’t care how many people like you, I don’t.

IMG_1435.jpg

Vintage Wild Mouse for the loss.

IMG_1436.jpg

I don’t have a witty caption. Bite me.

IMG_1438.jpg

Triple-layer German goodness.

IMG_1439.jpg

Giant erection of steel!

IMG_1440.jpg

Yeah, that’s right CreditCrazy, I stole your thunder. Now I have this shot too.

IMG_1441.jpg

Gotta love how when a train comes by and you’re near, a mini-earthquake is caused.

IMG_1443.jpg

If only the ride itself were as heavenly as my camera makes it look.

IMG_1444.jpg

NOOO! Get away from the light! Too many other Arrows have gone to the light.

IMG_1445.jpg

That’s a nutty fact.

IMG_1447.jpg

Station waits at Cedar Point. Score.

IMG_1448.jpg

Non-parabolic first drops. Still can’t decide if they’re better than parabolic.

IMG_1449.jpg

That’s sexy right there.

IMG_1450.jpg

Someone’s got their head in the clouds. That was funnier in my head.

IMG_1452.jpg

Long hard thing coming out of a black tunnel. My teenaged mind likes this.

IMG_1456.jpg

Crappy scaffolding that rocks more than a wooden coaster when a train comes by for the win!

IMG_1457.jpg

Surprisingly, nobody on this train looks pained.

IMG_1464.jpg

Denied. Stupid operator.

IMG_1467.jpg

Most intense kiddie coaster ever. Cracksmoking Dutch apes can actually do something right!

IMG_1476.jpg

Opened in ’69. Giggity.

IMG_1477.jpg

Something about Arrows is just so much more photogenic than any others.

IMG_1480.jpg

Another good example of my camera’s inability to catch a slow-moving train.

IMG_1483.jpg

Fun game- toss your random coins into the middle of the fountain.

IMG_1491.jpg

Check out yer spellin’!

IMG_1493.jpg

This took me 4 tries. And it still failed.

IMG_1494.jpg

Hey look, Maverick suffers from Steel Dragon 2000itis and flings wheels.

IMG_1499.jpg

Airtimeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

IMG_1503.jpg

Thanks to Intamin’s fading paint, this ride will be pretty in pink in a few years!

IMG_1506.jpg

Twisted Horseshoe Roll- for the engineer that’s too lazy to make a Double Corkscrew!

IMG_1507.jpg

Ugh… something that looks so awesome sucks.

IMG_1522.jpg

Through the trees, since I have no better captions.

IMG_1524.jpg

Cable lift continuing halfway down the drop… awesome.

IMG_1527.jpg

Hey look, **** the Rapids… err… Shoot the Rapids is testing!

IMG_1531.jpg

Yes, it is as awesome as it looks. I think I’m one of the few that was late to catch on.

IMG_1533.jpg

So freaking gigantic.

IMG_1536.jpg

Weird how a huge technological advance sits right beside a hicktown.

IMG_1539.jpg

Forceful overbank into brakes. As much as I love Arrow, Intamin’s got it going on.

IMG_1542.jpg

Get the hell outta here, Mantis.

IMG_1557.jpg

“If you’re ready to rock, we’re ready to roll you here on Cedar Point’s scream machine, Chaos!”

IMG_1559.jpg

Hairtime?!

IMG_1562.jpg

I love you, HUSS.

IMG_1564.jpg

Flying legs!

IMG_1567.jpg

Good first drop.

IMG_1569.jpg

I’ll take Arrow’s transitions over a smooth coaster any day.

IMG_1571.jpg

Rolling on upstops, gotta love it.

IMG_1575.jpg

Sinewave!

IMG_1577.jpg

Oh no, I’m gonna get run over! Oh wait, this isn’t a Suspended coaster and I didn’t lose my hat.

IMG_1579.jpg

That’s chill, it’s not even going 45 mph…

IMG_1582.jpg

Nobody likes rusty track.

IMG_1592.jpg

I love the obvious marks from where it runs on the left guides then switches then switches back again.

IMG_1595.jpg

“MY HAT!” *splat*

IMG_1599.jpg

Apparently the GP think it’s cool that the track switches colors and they wonder how it’s done.

IMG_1600.jpg

The only thing you see on the way down is supports. And my, it’s nerve-racking.

IMG_1601.jpg

Rollback? Naw. I’m not that cool.

IMG_1602.jpg

The train got away.

IMG_1463.jpg

Rolling down the giant erection. Deal with it, you have a teenager with raging hormones writing this.

IMG_1623.jpg

Not used to that Arrow airtime, are ya?

IMG_1625.jpg

“Dis motha****a go upside down?! OH **** WE HIGH UP!” –some black lady.

IMG_1640.jpg

Castor and Pollox.

IMG_1641.jpg

Four flags for fun! Suck on that, Six Flags.

IMG_1642.jpg

Made in America. Hell yes.

IMG_1643.jpg

That’s right, blue owns you.

IMG_1644.jpg

“Dude we totally didn’t lose what are you talking about?”

IMG_1646.jpg

Yeah. You try getting away from something that’s over 400 feet tall.

IMG_1650.jpg

Racing coasters do wonders for my competitiveness.

IMG_1651.jpg

Hah if that dude were on the red side this time he’d be winning.

IMG_1659.jpg

Mean Streak’s enable panel. The operator saw me taking a picture of it and shook her head at me.

IMG_1660.jpg

Lateral bracing. Even Dinn can do it, Arrow.

IMG_1662.jpg

I’d be doing more than rubbing my face.

IMG_1667.jpg

This was on a hat that my friend bought. New rumors! Six Flags over Lake Erie!

IMG_1672.jpg

Corkscrew’s white train broke. The ratchet popped out of the locking mechanism.

MagnumXL-200.jpg

And I shall end with our Magnum XL-200 on-ride picture. I’m on the left in the front.

Error

Strata Poster
You know, I thought I couldn't hate you more...

IHeartArrow said:
Long hard thing coming out of a black tunnel. My teenaged mind likes this.

IHeartArrow said:
Cracksmoking Dutch

IHeartArrow said:
I’ll take Arrow’s transitions over a smooth coaster any day.

IHeartArrow said:
Oh no, I’m gonna get run over! Oh wait, this isn’t a Suspended coaster and I didn’t lose my hat.

IHeartArrow said:
“MY HAT!” *splat*

IHeartArrow said:
Rolling down the giant erection. Deal with it, you have a teenager with raging hormones writing this.

IHeartArrow said:
Mean Streak’s enable panel. The operator saw me taking a picture of it and shook her head at me.

Please stop proving me wrong.