What's new

Kings Dominion | Twisted Timbers | RMC I-Box (Hurler Conversion)

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I'm seeing that almost all of the double T words have the second one upside-down, such as "better" and "chatter" in the clues. Not only do I think this ride name will have double Ts in it, but maybe the right side up T followed by the upside down T could be used as a sort of insignia to brand the ride, sort of like Millennium Force's M that's stylized to look like the lift hill.

millennium-force-75904259.jpg

I'm off the night before the announcement, might have to pop the popcorn and just have a marathon all morning to watch these! This is like enthusiast Selection Sunday!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Actually, isn't the Iron Horse track shaped like a T? *shrugs* Meaning that the upside down T could imply inversions (inverted track) on a coaster that didn't use to have them.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm seeing that almost all of the double T words have the second one upside-down, such as "better" and "chatter" in the clues. Not only do I think this ride name will have double Ts in it, but maybe the right side up T followed by the upside down T could be used as a sort of insignia to brand the ride, sort of like Millennium Force's M that's stylized to look like the lift hill.

millennium-force-75904259.jpg

I'm off the night before the announcement, might have to pop the popcorn and just have a marathon all morning to watch these! This is like enthusiast Selection Sunday!
I'd draw a closer comparison to Cedar Point's Whyte Lightning campaign for the former Shoot the Rapids ride. Building out a Crystal Rock Brewing Company website, etc. as all build-up on the theme.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
No coaster enthusiast created that. Not possible. That rendering is FAR too detailed and professional to be fan-made.

Mitchell

Roller Poster
If it is fake (which I'm putting my money on will be) I think the fan who designed that logo deserves praise because that's very impressive.

Jarrett

^It's not. That rendering isn't any coaster game for sure and by the looks of it, is one of those animations ordered up by a marketing department for thousands.

Now that Twisted Timbers is the theme and name (which I actually like, tightens the link between KI and KD even more), I wonder if they'll go all out on theming like KI did with Mystic.

Jarrett

Wait, Mystic Timbers had theming? I would hardly call an enclosed transfer having gone "all out"
Well sure it's no Disney or Universal, but as far as Cedar Fair goes it's fairly well themed. Much better than giving it a name that goes with a theme, building a sign and station building that are somewhat appropriate for such a theme, and calling it a day like they did for Leviathan, the Intimidators, or Renegade.

There's the truck. There's the cattlepens in the labeled lumber sheds. Theres the security camera footage. There's the fence and light style they went with. There's a few things hung around the queue and station. There's the themed train zero cars. There's station music. There's the lift dialogue and lift siren. And most importantly, the end of the ride features a show building that while exists primarily for something audio and visual on a screen, does have actual props and effects and not just projection screens in a black hallway like WMG.

They made an effort to make sure that a clear theme is discernible in everything to do with the ride. Not necessarily immersive, but discernible. Much more than some of their other projects.

The question is: will we see them put just as much effort into TT?