What's new

Kingda Ka or TTD or Stealth?

Whats to intensse Kingda Ka or TTD or Stealth?

• Kingda Ka

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Top Thrill Dragster

• Stealth

• Total voters
UC is pretty much right about the restraints. Kingda Ka's restraints really allow for the airtime it has, and they don't really touch your body, but they give you that feeling of being very safe and restrained.

As for Top Thrill Dragster, it doesn't have an airtime hill so its T-bars, though they don't allow for airtime, suit the ride pretty well. Though they can make your waist feel pinned in, you can always leave a little space, and hope the ride operator won't push it down to high heavens. Also, it doesn't make your upper body feel confined.

So UC pretty much hit the nail on the head, but I was just backing it up and adding the point that Stealth and KK's restraints suit their type of coaster (airtime hill), and TTD's restraints are suited for its particular model (no airtime hill).

However, what REALLY pushed Ka over the edge for me was the speed hill. I didn't realize how much I liked it until the last time I went, but flying over that hill at 100+ mph in the front row is absolutely amazing.

That does seem quite fun, but I've heard people say that going 120 MPH on a straight stretch of track is better than the airtime hill, because it doesn't show you down as fast and you gain a good feeling of speed. I don't know how much I believe them though, but it might be true.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
That does seem quite fun, but I've heard people say that going 120 MPH on a straight stretch of track is better than the airtime hill, because it doesn't show you down as fast and you gain a good feeling of speed. I don't know how much I believe them though, but it might be true.

This is true. The sensation of speed is as much fun as airtime for me.

Sam

Giga Poster
Ka is better IMO. I felt I could feel the extra speed and TBH the OTSR's on Ka don't take much away from the ride- the airtime hill is an aweusm sensation as you enter it at the full 128mph. I loved Draggy but given the choice, I'd take Ka.

On the subject of them being too intense? Ka really did push me, I could feel the force, it almost felt too fast. But I reckon a faster ride could be possible, not that much faster though.

Oh yeah, Stealth can ****ing sit on my lap and suck on my ****ing cock.

Sam

Giga Poster
Yes.

But not Ka.

Come to think of it, I think I'm the only person on here to have ridden all three.

Hah.

Sit on it.

kir

Hyper Poster
I think I'd prefer TTD to KK, but obviously I can't be entirely sure.

I think hitting a set of brakes at 120mph would be better than climbing into brakes, KK-esque.

Stealth just doesn't even come into the equation. Shame on the 3 who voted for it!

I think TTD would be the most intense, especially with the lapbars. It's nothing to do with airtime, the freedom of my upper body would result in a more intense ride, IMO.

Jake

Strata Poster
The hill looks so fun on KK. Stealths gives you a pop of airtime which you can't feel due to being slammed forwards into the restraints.

I'd rather fly over that hill at 100mph than hit a brake run, no contest.

A

Anonymous

Kingda Ka knocked me out. That ride was one of the few rides that i was ever really truely scared to go on. (I have my horror stories about that thing....) I think it was pretty hardcore. It should really go faster that 128mph though, it's a quite a bit higher than Dragster yet has almost the same speed as it, probably explains the roll-backs. I'd have to go with Kingda Ka though, since its so unpredictable and what not.

A

Anonymous

36 ft. really isn't that much when you're traveling 120+ mph.

But you're not really travelling 120+mph when that 36 feet come into play though... ;)

I'm not disagreeing though, you'd have to be retarded to think that KK has more trouble getting over than TTD.

You don't climb into the brakes, though.

On Stealth you do, because the brake run is so short, but on KK you make it all the way up the hill and about 1/3 - 1/2 the way down it before the brakes even hit. You get a legitimate hill.

My reason for thinking Ka would be better than Dragster. Flying over that hill, at that speed, must be awesome. Anything to lengthen the time you spend at that speed is great, really.

Almost

Hyper Poster
Ka's hill is purely amazing. At that speed, floating is just remarkable.

I doubt you could tell the 36 ft when on the two rides, because from that height, everything is so disoreinted any way.

Snoo

The Legend
My reason for thinking Ka would be better than Dragster. Flying over that hill, at that speed, must be awesome. Anything to lengthen the time you spend at that speed is great, really.

Honestly, IMO, going slower over the top of TTD is better then flying over. Getting the sweet view, the possibility of a rollback and a launch again.

My best ride on TTD was when we were up there for 3-4 seconds just hanging. Me and my buddy had a conversation we stalled up there for so long.

I guess that also another aspect that differs the rides. Most KK fans love the airtime they get on the top, while most TTD fans LOVE the fact of the possibility of a rollback (Damnit, I want one!!!!).

TTD and KK are really different experiences, from top to bottom. Arguing one side or the other is kinda tough because of the unique rides you get from both rides.

Jake

Strata Poster
SnooSnoo said:

Honestly, IMO, going slower over the top of TTD is better then flying over. Getting the sweet view, the possibility of a rollback and a launch again.

I think he was reffering to the speed hill...

As much as I think Ka would be better, the extra height is like adding the height of a Pinfari ZL42 looper on, so you probably wouldn't notice it!