What's new

Kentucky Kingdom | Kentucky Flyer | Gravity Group Family Wooden

Matt N

CF Legend
So.. it wasn't bad. It wasn't GREAT either. It's a family ride and it displays that. Back row is best as you do get solid airtime though.
How does it compare to other family GG coasters you've done, out of interest?

Matt N

CF Legend
The weakest tbh. I've been on Wooden Warrior at Quassy and Twister at Grona Lund and both of those had superior airtime and forces. After speaking with some GG folks, they weren't aiming to be insane however so this hits the mark for the type of ride they wanted.
Ah right. Thanks for the clarification @Snoo; I'd certainly imagine this will still be fun after how good Mine Blower was for its size!

Peet

Giga Poster
I mean... Were you expecting Steel Vengeance or something?
Haha are you so bored that even though you have absolutely nothing to contribute you make ridiculous comments like this just to pass the time!? Thanks for giving us all a laugh anyway.

@Snoo thanks for the report, disappointed to hear it's not on the same level as some of the other mini GGs but I'm sure it will still be a success.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm selfishly bummed to hear that it's not as rambunctious as Roar-o-saurus but I'm glad to hear it's still a good ride. It really does fill a hole in the park's line up for those who have outgrown Roller Skater but aren't quite ready for the rest of the big rides. I can't wait to ride it in July!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I remember back in early 2017 when it was revealed that Kentucky Kingdom would be announcing their 2018 AND 2019 plans that Spring. I had high hopes, as my guesses were; 2018 being a year of a major flat ride/large water park ride (i.e. another water coaster to go along with Deluge), and 2019 the installation of a large-scale roller coaster with a B&M, whether it be a hyper or a dive - Ed Hart himself said that he loved working with the company back in '97 and aspires to do it again - or a Vekoma new-gen coaster, in anticipation of the Kingdom's 30th anniversary. I still held onto my pipe dreams of a flagship coaster coming to Kentucky Kingdom in 2019 as others forgot about the delayed announcement and simply moved on. When Kentucky Flyer's announcement rolled around, as soon as I saw the Gravity Group listed as the manufacturer my mind envisioned a large wooden coaster akin to Cu Chulainn at Tayto Park; unfortunately, this was not the case and I failed to get excited for Kentucky Flyer due to my extreme hype for its announcement.

I apologize for this being a bit of a rant, but I think that more Gravity Group family coasters would make excellent marquee attractions for smaller family-centered amusement parks! They would be a major draw for coasterfans near and far to come and take a visit and are offered at a more reasonable price tag (Wood Express in France cost 3 million Euros, if I recall correctly) with a wider target audience than most compact thrill coasters on the market today.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I know its a family coaster and that was the goal, but looks really fun. Decent speed over the hills (not fast yeah but not big either, all enthusiasts know all is relative) and a reverse POV looked like it had a lot of pops of airtime, some of it decent. For a park with 2 A+ extreme coasters, this seems a perfect fit.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I've been getting pretty excited about this over the past couple weeks but if it's not as crazy as some of the other GG's I'm gonna lower my expectations. That's actually good to hear, I don't want to be disappointed when I ride this.