What's new

iSpeed, Intamin LSM coaster for Mirabilandia in 2009

I don't think so... Maybe it could be some kinda loading... Unloading then turns into the station... Or the brakes are incorperated into the station?

It looks to me the station "track flow" may be similar to Renegade where its break run, covered transfer track area/block then turn into the station.

The track parts have finally started ariving!
With a month of delay, the first load arrived yesterday at 4 pm!

We should get more news soon!

^Sounds promising. Do you have any (links to any) pictures?

Also, as I see you post a lot in this topic (could only find one post of yours outside it), do you by any chance live in Italy?

Pokemaniac said:
^Sounds promising. Do you have any (links to any) pictures?

Also, as I see you post a lot in this topic (could only find one post of yours outside it), do you by any chance live in Italy?

Nope, I'm from Slovenia. But I'm really excited about iSpeed, becouse it's the first Intamin I'll ever get to ride! :D

Also, the first pics of iSpeed track and supports have finally been posted!
primopezzodiispeed.jpg

primibinaridiispeed.jpg

And here's a video of one of the support parts unloading!
Click!

How does it combine Maverick and Storm Runner? if its just because it has a top hat - then I'm citing every other coaster with one too...

Personally, I think the layout looks better than any other Rocket coaster layout, bar TTD and KK which are a different matter.

It will definatly be the best Intamin Rocket coaster. However, I think that Blue Fire will be better because of its incredibly open restraints! But it will be close! :--D

The correct terminology is an Accelerator Coaster. And even then, iSpeed isn't an accelerator - it's going to be electromagnetically driven. In regards to iSpeed versus Blue Fire, iSpeed is going to take the cake - I'm calling that right now. Blue Fire may look impressive, but iSpeed is just that much more...

That theming is really going to add to Blue Fire though. Plus, you have to give BF bonus points for not being painted red.

Firstly, who says iSpeed won't have thematic elements? Mirabilandia does have a fairly good history of adding great theme to their rides (IE: Katun, Reset), and I wouldn't expect this coaster to be any different. If you want pity points for Blue Fire being blue, take them. But when it comes down to the meat and potatoes, iSpeed is going to be a very impressive coaster. I'm expecting this to be in Mitch's top ten...

I never said that iSpeed wasn't going to be an incredible ride. All I stated was that it and Blue Fire will be neck and neck when it comes to enthusiasts. No doubt about it that they'll both be great rides, and be compared by those that ride both.

Nah... being pessimistic concerning either of them, this will be a Colossus - Khan comparisonship.

Saying that they'll be about equal, it'll be the same as ThunderCoaster vs. Balder in most aspects.

And I really hope iSpeed opens Mirabilandia to the world, and boosts its attendance so much that it'll allow (and need) further expansion, eventually making it a worthy competitor to Port Aventura in terms of tourist draw. I'd say, judging from TRs, investing in a few signs would help a lot.

I'd say as a thrill ride park, Katun and iSpeed together will be more than enough to put Mirabilandia on the same level as PortAventura.