What's new

iSpeed, Intamin LSM coaster for Mirabilandia in 2009

UC said:
Maverick and iSpeed are both BlitzCoasters.

How can you say that, when a couple of posts above, you said "I'm willing to bet.. its known as a Blitzcoaster..."

UC said:
You see a launch followed by a tophat and a layout, so that makes it an accelerator?

So say no one at all knew anything about this coaster, then suddenly this picture turns up completely out of the blue:

p23111.jpg

Whats the first coaster type that comes to your head?

It is true, majority of Accelerator coasters share a similar top hat element, but we must also consider the Rita models which do not include a Top Hat.

Not all Accelerator coasters share a Top Hat.

The only characteristic all Accelerator coasters share is that they all have a Hydraulic Launch System.

So, in order to be an Accelerator coaster, it must have a Hydraulic Launch.

Therefore, iSpeed is not an Accelerator.

Oh, just be happy the bloody thing is being built and then ride it.

Blitz? Accelerator? Who CARES?

UC said:
And speaking of the AquaTrax - would anyone care to tell me what the first two elements of Atlantis Adventure are?

The first element is ****ing huge line of people. The second is getting turned away if you're taller than 6'2"! :lol:

Anyway, regardless of launch type this is looking like a belting ride.

^I must agree. From the pictures we've seen, it's not too dynamic when it comes to elevation change. After the tophat, there isn't a very large hill at all. Does anybody know what the ride time will be?

unfortunatly it would be very rough now they have changed the layout in so many little places but you'd get it within +/- 10 seconds i reckon.

Seriously, anyone who thinks this is an Accelerator is a moron.

Why do you have to be like that?I even said I didn't have the time to look through the whole topic:

Also, sorry for not reading throught this topic, but why is it called an Intamin LSM, as appose to Accelerator?

Also,

1. If you don't know anything at all about this coaster, you more than likely don't know what an Accelerator is anyway.

You didn't get me right, I ment as if that picture just popped up out of the blue on here, pretty much everyone would assume its an Accelerator. Hence why I asked what I did.

UC said:
If you don't look through the topic before posting, then don't post.
You can stop modding now.

Rest of the post seems to cover everything, so can we stop discussing semantics and get back to the actual coaster please?

^Sorry Slayed, just one little thing I have to point out;

Or, if you want to post, be aware that there may some information you've missed that you will need to acknowledge later on.

Yes, hence why I asked what I did in my original post.

It's amazing how being totally right about something without question gets you a moderation lashing from Slayed. I don't understand what's so hard to comprehend considering the differences between two different styles of roller coaster. It's kind of like the people who piss themselves when somebody says something of the caliber of Italian Job runs on LSMs, only in this instance we're blantently considering the difference between a hydraulic propulsion system, and a system used by conductive electromagnetic plates. The ride is what it is (looks like a damn good ride btw) and if you have any questions just take a look at Intamin's website. There's really nothing to get mad about, nothing to play big brother moderator over... because the guy is genuinely right. Deal with it...

No lashing. Nobody said UC was wrong, Slayed said UC covered everything in his post.

The reason UC's post was mod edited by Slayed was because it carried on the argument (when it was over) and most of it was about moderating, nothing about the actual ride. Slayed edited, and took it to P.M.'s

Thanks for your concern and for bringing it all back up again, but it was handled four days ago and there is absolutely no reason to bring it back up again.

iSpeed looks, from a distance, at first glance, like an Accelerator/Rocket coaster due to the tophat. It isn't. If you're unsure as to if it is or not, and want to know what it is, look at the title of the topic.

End of.

Any more about any of this crap will result in a simple 48 hour ban. Just talk about the bloody coaster.

Here is a new photo update, showing off the layout and train pull-through.

http://www.theparks.it/plus/plus.php?idP=2&idA=12

I don't know if it has been already addressed or not, but what is the reasoning behind the square shaping of these supports, compared to the circular ones we find on other Intamins?

Looks like it.. same as the ones on Maverick.. except Mav has like 4 of those.. that won't be bad.