What's new

Is the Six Flags Flash Pass worth it?

drzkid64

Roller Poster
I am planning on going to Six Flags Great Adventure on July 4th and wondering if the flash pass is worth it. If so, which version should I get. If you got the flash pass from another Six Flags park that's fine too. Any advice will be appreciated.

Snoo

The Legend
You're going on July 4th?

Are you drunk?

Don't even go man. That is one of the busiest days for all parks across the nation.

Mike

Giga Poster
If you've never been to the park before, aren't going to go back any time after this, and this is he only date you can go, then go for a minimum of gold.

It'll set you back $80+, but it's the only way you'll even have a hope of getting on everything!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Flash Passes are good, but you'll definitely be facing some crowds on Independence Day.

If you have a season pass, you can get a $10 discount if you buy your pass in the park. If you have a Discover card, you get an additional 5% off the purchase.

I'd advise against buying your pass in advance. We did that at SFOT, but still had to wait through the line like everyone else.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I used a Flash Pass for the first time at SF Over Texas last week. I was quite happy to skip the long lines for the slow loading, less exciting rides such as the spinner, but I was quite disgusted by the restictions in place. For example, New Texas Giant had to be booked at the Flash Pass office at on-the-hour/30min intervals. The new Starflyer was not on the pass either. Having just paid a small fortune, I'd expect to have unlimited access.

My advice is similar to Hyde's. Arrive at the park on the day and make your decision after you've been in the park for an hour or so so you can judge the lines. Check out the different packages and get the one that suits you.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I imagine it's similar to a summer bank holiday weekend here. Some people might think, "surely nobody's stupid enough to go, so maybe it will be ok."

Unfortunately, people are stupid enough to go.