What's new

Is it a cred? - A general discussion topic

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Yeah agreed it is subjective some people counting Disko's like wtf however powered coasters in my experience do seem to coast in parts of that layout albeit briefly

Niles

Giga Poster
I saw the disk’o come up on coaster count and thought if I should count them or not. I thought to myself before I became an enthusiast i saw the cobra at CWOA as a flat ride while the runaway train at Alton towers a rollercoaster (not realising that being powered matters).

I do count some powered coasters, the runaway train fells like a roller coaster it has a lot of elements, does a full circuit and has banking so I do count it, I never separate the categories it was always does it feel, act and have the essence of what I think a coaster is.

To me the disk’os don’t feel like a coaster, I can get it if someone counts powered coasters they could make an argument to count them but for me it seems like more of a flat.

Now if a disk’o did an oval layout with hills and banked turns oh oh oh I would have to ride it ?

gengarhaunts87

Roller Poster
the only disko's i think people generally count as cred's are the avatar one at the mall of america, and the fairly odd parents one at the american dream mall. outside those 2 all disko's i see are the same.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
the only disko's i think people generally count as cred's are the avatar one at the mall of america, and the fairly odd parents one at the american dream mall. outside those 2 all disko's i see are the same.
Actually, Timmy's Half-Pipe Havoc and Avatar Airbender at both Nickelodeon Universes are Intamin Surfriders!

UP87

Mega Poster
And as they use LSMs they definitely coast. But I agree on the feelings post. In the end that‘s what counts and we‘ll never be able to agree on a common coaster definition.

Heth

Mega Poster
I definitely would count Alton's Runaway Mine Train as it has the essence and feel of a coaster, which feels more important to me than the fact it's powered.

I think the cheekiest one I've ever counted was Atlantica Supersplash. I nearly didn't, but it felt coaster like in parts just enough.

I wouldn't feel the same way about Ghost Train though!

Matt N

CF Legend
As some of you are mentioning Atlantica, some of the Mack SuperSplash rides aren't actually on RCDB. I think Aktium at Cinecitta World nor SuperSplash at Plopsaland De Panne are on there, and I'd be intrigued to know his reasoning for that, as the Mack SuperSplash is a coaster model.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I'd be intrigued to know his reasoning for that, as the Mack SuperSplash is a coaster model.

So.... the Plopsaland one used to be on RCDB..
RCDB made a statement when it came to water coasters along the lines of only counting ones that had a coaster type element *not* involving the major drop. So ones that do a drop/rise before the splashdown get counted but ones that only 'coaster' into the splashdown, dont. That's why the Intamin at Gardand isn't counted and that's why the Plopsaland ride was removed.

Matt N

CF Legend
So.... the Plopsaland one used to be on RCDB..
RCDB made a statement when it came to water coasters along the lines of only counting ones that had a coaster type element *not* involving the major drop. So ones that do a drop/rise before the splashdown get counted but ones that only 'coaster' into the splashdown, dont. That's why the Intamin at Gardand isn't counted and that's why the Plopsaland ride was removed.
Ah right. Thanks for the clarification @CanobieFan!