What's new

Intimidators: Timmy and 305

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
OMG NO TRIMS? GOING TONIGHT THEN.... Maybe... Gunna go harass Kyle....

...He said no. :C

But anyway. Carowinds was ace. Rode it several times, back and front, ace everywhere... smoooooth. Great fun.

Kinda crazy how much rides must vary day to day, because the 6 of us who rode Carrowinds the day I went all loved it.

ALSO, cuz my count is now higher than yours, Snoo and Taylor, you must by default be wrong.

Jerry is just weird. :lol:

A

Anonymous

SnooSnoo said:
And this happened.. Monday? We rode it and it still had them all.. on the whole drop..
I was there Monday, and most of the trim had been removed. There is still some trim, but this picture shows what it looked like before. If you look at it from Tidal Wave Bay, you'll see only about 1/4 of that is there now.

dsc02317.jpg

Snoo

The Legend
Looks exact same as I saw it when I was on it on the 7th. So.. it still has a massive amount of fail. ;)

Snoo

The Legend
Meh. The drop is still trimmed. I'm in no rush to get back. Disappointed? Yes. Even in a trimmed form, it still won't make it in my top 10. :)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I went to ride it yesterday in the evening.

First of all, it's better in the dark full stop.

Secondly, some trims are definitely gone. It's definitely running faster.

Thirdly, greying out in the dark is weeeeird.

RCF

Strata Poster
*BUMP*

It seems that some track is being removed from Intimidator. I think they're either gonna rehab said track and/or change height? What do y'all think?

Pictures:

74279_1446853616605_1391101425_31041380_6018914_n.jpg

149645_1446853976614_1391101425_31041381_5646580_n.jpg

(Random optional picture)
148889_1446854216620_1391101425_31041383_5514325_n.jpg

Snoo

The Legend
Oooo.. taking track out. That could mean a multitude of things.. or absolutely nothing.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
Why would they do that? the person says that they might widen the turn but would that mean that the would have to change the second turn too?

CMonster

Giga Poster
What could they do differently? I mean, wouldn't they have to completely re-design the rest of the ride, with new track and supports, ect.

This isn't RCT where you just delete, delete, delete, make a smaller/taller hill or whatever, and then add straight track or curves to make it fit. :p

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
^Not necessarily. They can widen a turn and keep the rest of the ride is the same. Yeah, the experience will change, but not that much where the ride needs to be redone. It's like what they did with Maverick, except on a larger scale.

Although who really knows what they're doing with this. It may not even be the turn.

Snoo

The Legend
Of course.. if they remove the trims and extend the turn.. the forces could be maintained.

But.. doubt it.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Drove by it a few hours ago, but it was too dark to see anything. Hopefully I'll be able to check it out on the way back from Florida.