What's new

"Injured" during a ride ?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I did cut my toe once on Villain at Geauga Lake. That's what you get for wearing sandles on those vile Gerstlauer wooden trains.

Villain%20Train%204-5-00.jpg

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
I was sore for a couple of days after riding Rebel Yell at Kings Dominion back in '09. I've ridden it a thousand times before with no problems. I must be getting old because that thing beat the hell out of me, lol.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
No, but I once had a minor shoulder ailment cured by riding Air.
Was staying at the AT hotel, woke up with a really stiff shoulder (dodgy pillows), couldn't raise my arm above my head.
Still, wasn't gonna miss the early morning ERT session, and after 2 goes on Air - boom! Shoulder fixed. I guess rolling around in the vest harness kinda 'massaged' it back into place.
Best ride ever.

chrisgeorgiou46

Roller Poster
For some reason my right leg always hurts during Rita at Alton, and not on any other coaster (even launched coasters) - just Rita. I think that says a lot. My right leg obviously has good taste in coasters.

jenvieve

Roller Poster
I just experienced a concussion from X2 at Magic Mountain...first time ever injured on a ride. My head slammed into the back headrest towards the end of the ride. I noticed it at the time but did not realize that it was a concussion until I was leaving the park and felt nauseous and started to get a headache. Two days later and I am dizzy, have a headache and still feel nauseous. I rode most of the other roller coasters at the park and had a fun experience on those, but be careful on X2. Brace your head with your hand if you can.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I just experienced a concussion from X2 at Magic Mountain...first time ever injured on a ride. My head slammed into the back headrest towards the end of the ride. I noticed it at the time but did not realize that it was a concussion until I was leaving the park and felt nauseous and started to get a headache. Two days later and I am dizzy, have a headache and still feel nauseous. I rode most of the other roller coasters at the park and had a fun experience on those, but be careful on X2. Brace your head with your hand if you can.
See a doctor, if you haven’t already. With those symptoms, two days later, you should see a doctor. Don’t mess around with concussion.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
It’s been a few years, but for those keeping score, we have broken teeth, a broken nose, and a concussion vying for second and third place. Still in first, though, is Lofty’s severe concussion with long-term consequences.

jenvieve

Roller Poster
See a doctor, if you haven’t already. With those symptoms, two days later, you should see a doctor. Don’t mess around with concussion.
Thank you for the advice. I did get checked out after a few days of rest. The doctor did not think I had experienced a concussion although I had the symptoms of headache, dizziness and nausea. He said it was most likely inner ear related, which I was very happy to hear.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Thank you for the advice. I did get checked out after a few days of rest. The doctor did not think I had experienced a concussion although I had the symptoms of headache, dizziness and nausea. He said it was most likely inner ear related, which I was very happy to hear.
Fantastic news!

Matt N

CF Legend
I've had roughness on rides before, but the closest I've come to being injured is a really red elbow after coming off Rattlesnake at Chessington. I think it may actually have grazed my elbow, but I can't actually remember. Rattlesnake was horrible, though.

Coaster Kate

Roller Poster
Restraints on Galactica (Air at the time) ripped a nice chunk of my hair out.
I head butted the person infront if me on Nightmare Niagara at American Adventure going down the last drop, busted nose.
I slipped off a horse on the carousel at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
I fell up the stairs to Stormforce ten. Then proceeded to fall over the boat and into it.
Tripped over a person's feet on Oblivion because they HAD to change seats as I was walking down, smacked my knees into the seats.
I think I should just not walk anywhere theme park related