Love or hate it?

• Love it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Just been watching a few episodes of Inbetweeners, and I really can't see what's so funny about it. It's mostly childish, untasteful 'toilet humor' with swear words thrown in every sentence.

In my opinion it's another of the programmes that the British people feel that they have to like.

Your views?

Ollie

CF Legend
I love. I think it's hilarious. It's the whole social embarrassment and the fact that quite a few people can relate to most the experiences they go through which makes it funnier.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Urgh, cannot BELIEVE I'm agreeing slightly with Ollie...

I've only watched it from the start of Season 3, and tbh, it's mainly through the relation to the characters that amuses me the most... Those little parts of school life that it reminds you of (especially a trip to Swanage for example), make it very funny in places...

And of course it's childish, it's set in a bloody school... We defo spoke like that at my 6th form and even more at college...

Dave

CF Legend
The 1st series was genius and reminded me so much of Year 11, but not sure what happened during the 2nd series as the jokes were thinner, relying on so much cringe jokes. Worst one of them was the wig down the pants. 3rd series has been better, keeping to a simple idea, best one so far is the double date episode.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Love it due to the fact that the characters are basically the crowd I used to be with... just missing a 'pimp'/gansta chav, drunk, abused ginger etc...

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I've watched it since the start of series 2, but have seen all the episodes. It's just so funny - yes, it's childish, and the humour is repetitive, but it really is a series of embarrassing moments of teenage life drilled into a humorous TV show.

The 3rd series has been the best - I end up almost crying with laughter each episode, especially the "pissing the bed" incident to which I was reminded of my "incident" ;)

Yesterday I watched 3 episodes in my free periods - everyone was pissing themselves laughing. It's teen comedy at it's best.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'd never seen it, but the kids at school are always going on about it, so I said I'd give it a go.

I've just watched the first couple of episodes of the first series and thought it as great. Obviously, I need to see more of it to get a better idea, but I really like what I've seen of it so far.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Really like it actually. I thought the first three episodes of this series were very weak though, but thankfully the most recent episode was very good and has given me faith that they've not lost their touch.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Don't worry. An American station will buy it, take any humour out of it, ruin it and present their version to you soon enough.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
I've heard people talk about this like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

So I decided to watch a few episodes,just to see what all the fuss is about.Watched this weeks actually,with the bed pissing bit.

It's just about ok,I certainly wouldn't put myself out,just to catch an episode,if you like farting and knob jokes,then I suppose it's right up your alley (excuse the pun).If I was 15,then it would appeal more,but I'm not,so it doesn't.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I started watching it halfway through series two, but I have subsequently seen them all. I hate it when people say "I can relate to the characters" because it's all I ever hear in Drama and it sounds pretentious, but really there is no other way to describe why the programme is funny.

The beginning of this series was weak, but it has improved. I love it.

nadroJ

CF Legend
The program is absolute genius, it pretty much takes everything that teenage boys do and puts it on screen. I love in this series the way Simon talks to his parents, and even the bit a few episodes ago where Neil and Jay see the head of sixth form in the Waterside shopping centre, then when they go back to school they keep shouting 'Waterside!' at him. It is exactly what would happen in real life, thus is awesome.

Pierre

Strata Poster
gavin said:
^Don't worry. An American station will buy it, take any humour out of it, ruin it and present their version to you soon enough.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... eries.html

Also, its ****ing brilliant.

I don't see it as silly 'toilet humour'... I thought Little Britain was silly, and believe you can't have more than one brain cell to find it entertaining, but the Inbetweeners... the script, the sarcastic narration from Will, and relation with characters is fantastic.

****ing brilliant.

Markeyed

Roller Poster
It just reminds me of things which happened with my mates haha

of course... we weren't as bad as them lot, but its still funny to look back at the things we got up haha :)

Martyn

Giga Poster
I'm not really in the "love it" or "hate it" camp at all. It's "alright". I'm really critical of TV comedy though.

I'll always watch it, and I didn't watch it from the start, but did watch them all on 4OD.

I like the vulgarity, and I like the dialogue of most of the characters, it is very real. "Clunge" is an amazing word.

My main problem is Will. I think he's an awful character. He's not "inbetween" enough. The other three are really quite believable, but Will just makes no sense. That first ever episode for example, where everyone's taking the p!ss out of his briefcase, if that actually happened, he'd get rid of it pretty soon after, yet, three years later, he's still carrying it about, and wearing his blazer while everyone else just has school jumpers on. It's not like he has strong beliefs or morals about that sort of thing either, he's proved that he'll try anything for popularity. And it's not like his mum is forcing him to go to school looking smart, because we've met his mum and she's not the type.

I also hate how people seem to think it's the most amazing thing since sliced bread. I hate how Facebook erupts with quotes from it on a Monday night, and then on a Tuesday morning you just see:

"Some bellend likes "I'm gonna f*ck your f*cking fanny off you tw*t" on Gash website of quotes. Comment | Like "

But I guess that's just me hating the entire "Like" system on Facebook.

I think maybe I just like over-analysing stuff and hate things that become really popular. It was the same with Top Gear.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Like Mr Nash, it's not someting I'll set out to watch. The ones I have seen are funny but it's not a must-see for me.

jokerman

Giga Poster
See, I do know people like Will, so they do exist. Enough people must have met someone like this for it to be so popular.