What's new

IAAPA 2021

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
Having visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium several times there is a decently sized portion of the building used for temporary exhibits. The current temporary exhibit is called Tentacles and houses Octopi and Squid and it has been around since 2014 so maybe they'll replace it with this Sally Attraction, but I don't know how feasible that space would be for something like that. I think adding a people mover to an already existing tank would be extremely difficult to potentially impossible so we will see what happens.
Also the font for the first teaser looks norse or viking-like.
After further researching, I think Monterey Bay Aquarium is out of the picture, turns out they are getting a $15 million dollar Deep Sea exhibit in 2022: https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/visit/exhibits/into-the-deep

cocoa

Mega Poster
rotating around the forward axis is a neat trick I can't particularly remember experiencing. since X2 rotates around the sideways axis, and spinning coasters rotate around the up/down axis, we have now officially completed the rotating coaster set.

up next- all 4 (?) remaining combinations

Gooberry

Roller Poster
So I'm an IAAPA noob... this will be my first year trying to keep up with it. Any advice on keeping up with announcements in real time? Also anyone know of particular manufacturers schedules for the event?

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
So I'm an IAAPA noob... this will be my first year trying to keep up with it. Any advice on keeping up with announcements in real time? Also anyone know of particular manufacturers schedules for the event?
It will really be random, we might learn of a start time for a conference, but thats it besides word of mouth and pictures.

bigmac1789

Roller Poster
It really depends,I use Twitter, Youtube (Sometimes lives), and after the tradeshow floor closes some people upload.

Peet

Giga Poster
rotating around the forward axis is a neat trick I can't particularly remember experiencing. since X2 rotates around the sideways axis, and spinning coasters rotate around the up/down axis, we have now officially completed the rotating coaster set.

up next- all 4 (?) remaining combinations
Technically rocking (like Seven Dwarves) and swinging coasters rotate around the forward/back axis, but of course they never have had much travel (maybe 45 degrees max?), so the real game changer for the axis is that it does 360 degrees.

When you say all 4, you are including one that rotates around all 3 axes at once!?

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I can't lie, that layout looks like a significant downgrade to the previous one S&S gave us.
It seems like a lot more family-friendly version than the original - I can't help but imagine the concept layout would've induced plenty of nausea (for less seasoned riders, at least).

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Uh, apparently?

Edit: already posted elsewhere but I suppose it's relevant for this thread too.

FEFudxhWQAwvGNf