What's new

Hurricane Ian

davidm

Strata Poster
There's pretty detailed post-Ian satellite images available of the Sanibel coast and some bits inland - amazed that they got these up so quickly.

Anything on Sanibel that did not look build of bricks&mortar looks gone ; entire complexes washed away. The place next to my dad's old condo is just not there anymore (was a series of wooden cottages) - the condo is there but just a mess all around.

The island was meant to have been evacuated before it hit, but....

:(

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
There's pretty detailed post-Ian satellite images available of the Sanibel coast and some bits inland - amazed that they got these up so quickly.

Anything on Sanibel that did not look build of bricks&mortar looks gone ; entire complexes washed away. The place next to my dad's old condo is just not there anymore (was a series of wooden cottages) - the condo is there but just a mess all around.

So sad :(

Looks to the outside world like they were planning for a hit on Tampa and were caught a little off guard by it tracking further South and making landfall in the area it did. Lots of the worst hit areas don’t seem to have had ‘mandatory’ evacuation orders :(

Universal reopens today, but only to hotel guests.

Disney are reopening to hotel guests 2 hours earlier than normal guests, with parks opening at staggered times throughout the morning and early afternoon.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

That's an absolutely staggering resource. That must be so powerful for the emergency services to plan their movements. Stunning.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Still without power myself. Uni was supposed to open today for resort guests but I'm not sure if that actually happened. Magic Kingdom did open today but without Frontierland or Adventureland.

fartsalad

Roller Poster
All SeaWorld Parks in Orlando are fully operational tomorrow 01 of October. No considerable damages nor injuries.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Oof, I wonder if that's significant enough to impact the 2025 opening? Unless they planned for this, it's Florida after all.

spicy

Giga Poster
Jurassic Park and Hulk still down today although Hulk tunnel is now clear and is testing today.

Just took a close up pic of the Jurassic Park damage doubt it’s opening any time soon

58385d5ae46098f030c04788e3ce089d.jpg

Jared

Hyper Poster
Both rides, Hulk and Jurassic Park River adventure are up and open. Here today and the only big issue on Jurassic Park is the obvious hole in the show building. It’s quite clearly visible on ride and they’ve covered the hole in a dark Green mesh.

Just in the queue for Hagrid’s now and there’s a scaffold steps set up and part of the external queue is closed due to storm damage. Can’t see it though as they’ve put walls up to stop people seeing it.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
That's an absolutely staggering resource. That must be so powerful for the emergency services to plan their movements. Stunning.
They've updated it with the latest pass of the satellite and it includes fort Myers Beach.

Jesus Christ..... It's just gone.
Screenshot_2022-10-02-01-39-08-25_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpgThe famous pier is just not there any more.

Screenshot_2022-10-02-01-39-23-47_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Parts of the town are just not a thing anymore.

Sod the theme parks opening and all that. Ian was way more devastating than I thought..

We just don't get this level of weather event over here so it's hard to comprehend in a way. Whichever way you look at it, a proper scroll around the map is shocking.

Screenshot_2022-10-02-01-46-10-55_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpgScreenshot_2022-10-02-01-46-32-84_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpgScreenshot_2022-10-02-01-47-37-39_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg