What's new

How To Get The Thorpe Park Via Public Transport

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I did it once before, it was horrid. Does anybody know what the best way to Thorpe Park is?

I'm trying to get to the Saw preview day on the 13th from Nottingham. I can get the train to either Chertsey or Staines. I thought Staines would probably be best, because it has a Thorpe Park Express, but will that be running if the park doesn't officially open until the 14th?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

nadroJ

CF Legend
If the buses aren't running you could always get a cab, they're quite cheap even more so if there are more of you.

marc

CF Legend
Erol you dont like even walking from the car park at Alton to the main gate, let alone from the station nearish Thorpe.

Infernus

Hyper Poster
Ok, Bezz.. Pretty much everyone has said what can be said.. But Just to help.. From Nottingham, get the train to St. P.. From there Tube down to Waterloo. Waterloo to Staines.. Or Chertsey.. Then get one of the 4 buses that go to Thorpe Park.. They stop running around 7pm. Should (Don't quote me, last time I got a bus was a few years ago) be about £3 return. Buses run every 15 minutes. Need anymore info.. Just chat on MSN.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
southend_marc said:
Erol you dont like even walking from the car park at Alton to the main gate, let alone from the station nearish Thorpe.

It's not that I don't like the walk, I love walking. I do it every day. I just don't fancy walking the 45 minute long walk to Thorpe Park from Stains Station. I've done it before and you're just worn out for the rest of the day.