What's new

How often do you wash your hair?

tks

Strata Poster
Once every 4-5 days.. I don't go over a week without washing, but then I won't do it every day. My hair actually looks better probably the day after I wash it..

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm actually going to wash it now, since I feel gross-by-proxy just reading this thread.

Some of you are positively medieval.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
There aren't many "filthy" animals
Errrrrr, yes, they are. They all are.

That's why you rinse it with water (though again, I don't live in a filthy city, so my hair doesn't tend to get full of external crap). The idea being that the natural "hair stuff" repels the dirt and stops it from clinging. How often do cats, rabbits, chimps or wolves need washing?
Nah, sorry, bollocks.

Cats, rabbits, chimps or wolves need washing by human standards. No ones saying you'll DIE if you don't wash... We're (oh... it's just me, okay, I'M) saying it's not acceptable by modern, western, human standards not to.

There is no magical dirt repellant that the body creates. Theres no evolutionary need for such a thing. It's a myth, and a dumb one at that, like the morons who think shaving causes hair to grow faster.

My "standard" (pettyness...) is higher than yours. :p I can't tolerate crap being in my hair. That's all there is to it, genuinely.

Jordan is not a good measurement of whether or not the hair self cleans. Jordan is disgusting. Have you SEEN her car floor? (Love you Jordan, but you're gross.)

On the subject of skin sensitivity, I get armpit sores because I wear epic heavy duty antiperspirant because thats better than sweating. I have no time for your scalp excuses.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
I gotta say, though I wash my hair very often, I try and prevent for going to a hairdresser for about 12 weeks. Can't stand the boredom and when they try and talk to you it always feels awkward. Just do my hair, got it? cool)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Joey said:
On the subject of skin sensitivity, I get armpit sores because I wear epic heavy duty antiperspirant because thats better than sweating. I have no time for your scalp excuses.

Yeah, it would be lovely standing next to my while avalanches of dry, flaking scalp cascades from my head and all over you. "Mmmmm, lovely ice cream... Wait, what's this white chocolate chunk? Tasted of rancid pork... NOOOOOOO!!! Wind blowing from the direction of Furie's head and the chunk of foetid skin are blowing into my 99 like leaves in the world's most unpleasant autumn!!!"

Yeah, that's certainly a better option than washing it every two days ;)

rcjp

Roller Poster
In a week? I probably wash my hair 6 times, I know I shouldn't wash it so often but then I kind of end up doing it.

Stealthyrose

Roller Poster
So many people wash their hair every day, this is so bad for your hair! It washes away all of the natural oils your haur needs to stay healthy. Every other day is perfect. If you find your hair gets greasy easily then lay off the conditioner

just call me a lay-dee.....

AJ

Giga Poster
^ That's not true. It's only certain products that strip your hair. I've never had any problems washing mine every morning then destroying it with heat and chemicals....

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I think hair length has a lot to do with it. I don't know at what length it starts to cause split ends and stuff, but I think it's a lot of inches in.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I wash my hair daily, most of the time, with shampoos designed to strip it, otherwise it looks greasy and thin by the end if day 2.

I don't believe this "bad for your hair" ****, because HAIR ISN'T ALIVE.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
I was my hair every morning. When I wake up it feels greasy and gross. It also helps me when I brush my hair. I get it cut short enough to not worry about it, but by the time I need the next one I have wicked bed-head to fight.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Joey said:
I wash my hair daily, most of the time, with shampoos designed to strip it, otherwise it looks greasy and thin by the end if day 2.

No problem with you doing whatever to make sure your hair is good for you, but hair not being alive has nothing to do with treating it well.

Wooden fences aren't alive, but if you don't treat them, they weather badly and become brittle, broken, warped and fall apart.

Some people need to look after their hair otherwise it become **** quickly.

Mark

Strata Poster
furie said:
Joey said:

No problem with you doing whatever to make sure your hair is good for you, but hair not being alive has nothing to do with treating it well.

Wooden fences aren't alive, but if you don't treat them, they weather badly and become brittle, broken, warped and fall apart.

Some people need to look after their hair otherwise it become **** quickly.

Quite! Depending on the products I use is to how often I was my hair. For instance, if I have used a really strong, product stripping shampoo, I would only have to wash it every other day. Any more than that and my hair would be totally dry and frizzy and I would have to slap twice as much product on it in order to style, which then defeats the object of washing it every day anyways.

If however, I havent used product on my hair, maybe coz im dosing around the flat or whatever then I tend to use a standard shampoo and I will wash it every day.

But just as a reference, just because someone does not wash their hair every day, it does not make them disgoostin or anything else. Most people know best from their own experience what is best when it comes to their own hair. Everyones hair is different and just because one person might be able to wash it every day without a problem, doesnt mean everyone else is.

BBH

Giga Poster
I shower every morning and wash my hair at the same intervals. I have a ridiculously sensitive scalp and I get flaky and uncomfortable by the end of the day, even when I've washed it that morning. Two days in a row is enough for me to leave in a suicide note.

Janey54

Roller Poster
About twice a week with laods of conditioner, because it's so frizzy and stubborn! I also never cut it, because as someone wanting to grow their hair even longer, I have discovered that regular hair cuts for growth are a myth(for me, at least). It also never sees a brush, maybe the occasional quick comb when washing. :fadein: