Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 click

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Funny how, when you are tired, you tend to read "cl" as "d".

Makes this topic a lot more amusing.

Also, I tend to have it safe and sound. Until I get a little more experience, I'll play safe with the restraints. On Speed Monster, I always leave open as much as I can, as it closes itself on the bottom of the Norwegian Loop anyway. So I only get to enjoy the lovely floater immediately after the launch.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I always give myself as much freedom as possible on anything. However, there are a few coasters then when my bar gets pushed down I get VERY annoyed. I have been known to give looks of death to rides ops working on:

Dive Machines - It's only good for the first drop, but it's worth it.

Hyper Coasters - For example Goliath at La Ronde or Millenium Force. The ride op at CP pushed my down just before we left the station because she noticed how high it was. I was bloody pissed off.

The Ultimate - However, Lightwater Valley ride ops are awesome so I haven't been annoyed there yet!

There shall be more, I'll post them when I remember.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
One click...

Above my legs/knees/thighs.

One exception:
Dodonpa.
I will GLADLY accept the stapling the ride ops tend to do on that ride. The airtime on that spike ain't no joke!

Tony

Hyper Poster
I try to leave a small gap on coasters with airtime. I don't really mind with anything else and I always have it tight on flats :p .

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Think whatever you like, but I'll go all the way down. Maybe it's because up here in the north (Finland that is) we don't have that many airtime-machines. So leaving room between you and the restraint only results in danger and possible minor injuries instead of giving any airtime. The only exceptions are Space Shot (rode it one-click this year cool) ) and Half Pipe (@Särkänniemi), the only coaster in Finland, besides Thunderbird, to have airtime.

When I rode a Fabbri Booster, I asked the op to push the OTSR's down one extra click. Heck, it's a ride I really want to feel secure in!

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I just thought of an exception:

I preferred BPPB's Roller Coaster without the seatbelts.
My first trip there was amazing.

Also, from a ride operator's perspective:

If I was checking lap bars, and I could see that someone was trying to 'cheat' the restraints by putting a hand or fist under the bar, I'd tell them to take the hand out and staple them.

Hypocritical to be sure, as I like a little space under my lap bar as much as anybody.

However, since the job is to ensure the safety of others, and if you don't do it properly that could result in death, and that would be my fault, I enforced a strict adherence to the rules.

If a preson's lap bar was where it belonged: touching or nearly touching the lap, then I'd pull up to make sure it was locked, but I never pushed down unless they asked me to give them "one more click."

A

Anonymous

Depends... Intamin OtSR's i'd leave some space, like on Maverick, you get hella whiplash on that. Lul. And, B&M OtSR's all the way, i find those very comfortable. :D All Lapbars except for TTD all the way down, not on TTD, because ths top hat airtime is priceless. :D

jokerman

Giga Poster
I leave a small gap, to make it comfortable, but if the ride has high enough forces, it will get pushed down all the way anyway on the way round.

wash

Mega Poster
^Push up at the bottom of hills/in inversions and you should be fine. ;)
I usually leave as big of a gap as I can without the ride operators noticing.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
I'll always try to get it as high as I can, just for the fun of it, even if it means pulling itdown myself after getting away with it, I like to test the ride-ops. when I was younger I'd demonstrate, after leaving the station, how I could getout if I wanted to. On Oblivion once the ride-ops were busy with someone and I was the only person in the car, so they just looked and didn't bother checking me, that drop was incredible, I wasn't touching anything the whoke way down, but god it crushed me at the bottom.

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
It depends on the coaster.

On an airtime-filled coaster with a lapbar like Hurler or Apollo's Chariot I leave it up a little bit and make myself look fat when the operator comes by.

On any other coaster (except Arrows, too tall for it to fit snug against me) I pull it down to where it should be.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
The "make yourself look fat" thing never works for me. I'll slouche down in my seat and the operator will come by and ask me to sit up and then staple me...

Mountain Madman

Mega Poster
I generally leave as much room as possible on smooth, lap-bar only coasters.

On coasters with OTSR's, I usually pull them down all the way, I find them better that way since you're not going to get airtime on the thing anyway. :)